shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to vent about snotty salespeople

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need a large car with three kids and a large dog! I am actually quite interested in the new seven seater Mercedes SUV. It has gotten great write ups, and has been around over a year so I feel the kinks may be out at this point! The car you mentioned is great, and I know people who love the Acura MDX.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 11:37:54 PM
Author: Anastasia
Last January I was shopping for a formal gown for a black tie event that I was attending.

I went to Bloomingdales. I rarely go there, for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.

I was dressed in jeans and sneakers and a ski jacket, not dressed up, but not looking homeless either. It was the middle of the week, so there was only one other person in the department, a young mother with her baby in a stroller. She was not dressed any better than me.

It was hysterical. The saleswoman was falling all over herself for the young mother, and completely ignoring me. At some point, she did say something to me (I don't remember what - probably 'let me know if I can help you with anything'), and basically pointed me in the direction of the fitting room. I wasn't offended, I just was curious what made this saleswoman decide that the young mother was a real customer and I wasn't.

I've really never had that experience before, so I found it amusing rather than annoying.

Steph - I would have been really annoyed by that too! It's as if they were giving you the once over to determine if it was worth their effort to serve you. Too bad for them that they lost a potential sale. Instant Karma anyone?

I know, I felt like I was in the movie Pretty Woman, only I wasn't dressed like a hooker
9.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 11:49:33 PM
Author: diamondfan
I need a large car with three kids and a large dog! I am actually quite interested in the new seven seater Mercedes SUV. It has gotten great write ups, and has been around over a year so I feel the kinks may be out at this point! The car you mentioned is great, and I know people who love the Acura MDX.

Well, we have a LX470, but I can''t drive it for the same reason as the Range Rover, it''s too big. I think the Mercedes GL would be too big for me also. My uncle is in management at the plant that makes the GL, M, and R classes in Tuscaloosa and I know the M class has had a lot of issues in the past. But the GL (what I think you''re talking about) does come highly recommended.

I haven''t had a great experience shopping for cars. I think it''s because I''m young and I barely look old enough to buy a car. So, I think I''m going to get my uncle to go with me.

I think I might just trade in my GX for a new one or get the RX400h. I just hate that 3rd row of seats in my GX. Lexus dealers are great in general, but would you recommend Wilkie?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are fine. I got one car there and then one at the Wilmingotn dealer. They used to drive to my home with my loaner and drive my car back for service. Great overall customer service. I had the 470 and the 3rd row was not good. My son, who was barely 12, was too big, his knees were up in his face. No adult could go there. Also, they were a pain to use and hang up when not in use. I liked the car overall but just really wanted a true third row that was accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results