shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to find a ring sizer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I have been looking all over for a ring sizer. I am a size 3.5 and have a few rings that are a 4 that can''t be made any smaller. I have been looking for a pic of it on the internet but have not had any luck. So here''s my best shot at a description. It is half moon shaped with four prongs on the bottom that go around the band. Inside the sizer there is a leaf spring that sits between the top of the sizer and the band. I am looking for one in yellow gold and one in white gold. That last time I saw one was about 10 or so years ago. Anyone know what I am talking about or know where to get one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ps--I''m new here so I am not sure if I posted this in the right section. Let me know if I need to post in a different section.

Aussiegem

Rough_Rock
Have you tried sizing beads? I have the same problem (which I thought ruled out a lot of rings
7.gif
) but these little beauties are tiny beads that go on the inside of your band. Try a search on the forums because I''m sure I''ve seen a picture here.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I know malls aren''t the best place to go for jewelry but I was in one tonight and walked into Bailey Banks and Biddle and they wanted $50 to put in the "sizing balls" as they called them (the ring is 14k yellow gold). Is this a reasonable price?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get a butterfly spring or a horseshoe sizer...here''s a pic

butterfly spring:

bflyspring.jpg

Jaszmize''s horseshoe sizer:

TR_edited.jpg

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I had seen the horseshoe before I went in and I asked about it too. They wanted $75 to put it in my ring. Does anyone have an idea of what these (sizing beads or horseshoe) should cost? I thought their prices were a little much. Maybe its just me.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
The horseshoe type is definately better than the bead approach.

The cost depends on the type of metal used, and the horseshoe is made of a spring tension type metal which does require a bit of labor to create.

The price doesn''t sound too bad for this. But this opinion is based on the quality of the workmanship.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results