shape
carat
color
clarity

need to choose between 2 settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m82

Rough_Rock
Here are links to the two I am considering: http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=337&catid=93&filter_id=0&nav1=settings_channel.asp&page=1&col=1&row=1&pos=1&set_shape=

http://www.mondera.com/Jewelry/product.asp?mscssid=VKK6KCP99K1F9NMP5RLAA2GB923QFSME&partno=3004517&view=1&prodimg=/Images/complete/large1/3004517_Round.jpg&size=&backurl=/buildring_newer/setting_product.asp?partno=3004517%26classid=130,150,160,180%26engage=Y%26partno1=%26shapeDesc=Round

Somehow I dont think I did that right, but if anyone can get it up I appriciate your opinions.
twirl.gif

m82

Rough_Rock
Anyone? I would really appriciate at least one persons opinion
confused.gif

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
For a couple hundred dollars more I would go with the PLAT version. You won't have to worry about yellowing of the white gold over time. I read a thread about it in this forum and I imagine that constantly cleaning white gold would get annoying.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm well I like the 2nd one better (Mondera) from a looks perspective...but I do agree that WG would be a pain for me to have to keep up..I like cleaning my plat ring with all sorts of harsh chemicals and knowing that its not going to discolor or eat away any sort of alloy etc. Plus the price difference is pretty small...but which one do you like the look of better? Lastly, they both are H colored side stones, so if you get something like a D colored center stone, you MAY see some sort of difference in color--depends on whether or not you have hawk eyes!
1.gif
But if you are doing something like F or G...or even I ...nothing to worry about. Some people may scoff at the thought--but some people DO have hawk eyes..I am not one of those people....but they are out there.
1.gif

In the end its probably just personal preference. But from a looks perspective, Mondera is definitely my choice.

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Hi. I like the mondera one. I have been looking for settings also and I think that the plat. would be better. Just my thoughts. Good luck. Justine

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
I'm with Mara, I like the look of the Mondera over the Blue Nile ring. I have never had a problem with white gold turning yellow, but I have seen rhodium plating coming off of silver and it's not pretty. I also don't have any white gold rings. I really like platinum though. Nice and heavy so you can tell if you've taken the ring off.
1.gif

m82

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input! Actually the Mondera one comes in plat also I think for $950, an there is a site I just found called 1-online-coupons.com and they currently have a coupon code for 10% off Mondera jewelry. I think this may be the way to go. That will be only $855 for a 1/4 carat plat ring!

I already have a .566 H VS2 on reserve for this!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I would throw in an idea...

http://www.platinummfg.com/htm/product/design/SF2001-R100.htm

you get 1/2 carat instead of a 1/4 and it's engraved - but you might not like that. It's available in all plat without the yellow gold too.

m82

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the idea, but a little too fancy for her taste.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the Mondera setting, too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh go with the Mondera in platinum and use the 10% coupon...that's a great find. I love searching for coupons online.
2.gif
We are looking at getting plantation shutters for our new house and they are going to be seriously expensive (ridiculously expensive read you)....we are looking at blindsgalore.com and I found a free shipping & 20% coupon that is good til end of December which saves us something like $1k! I love the internet!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/5/2003 2:16:08 PM Mara wrote:

We are looking at getting plantation shutters for our new house and they are going to be seriously expensive (ridiculously expensive read you)....we are looking at blindsgalore.com and I found a free shipping & 20% coupon that is good til end of December which saves us something like $1k! I love the internet!
1.gif

----------------

Mara, have you looked at good ole "Home Depot" or Costco? We bought our wide wooden blinds online from Smith & something. We waited for a time to order again; and, low & behold Home Depot started carrying them. Not as good of quality; but more than 1/2 the price & easier to install. I may be crazy - but I think I saw the plantation ones there. Just a thought. Like a diamond once set - and blind once up sometimes the nominal quality difference & the substanstial savings make sense.

Good luck.

Edited to add - have you thought of a diestruck gold band w/ platinum head at about 1/2 the cost?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes we are pricing out Home Depot too...I got my wood/vinyl 2" blinds from them that we have in our current house..they were great and reasonable $$ as well. Perfectly fine quality. Literally...some online places were charging around $7k for the shutters...and blindsgalore has them for about $4k. So I don't know if HD can get cheaper (haven't checked yet but plan to)...but its good to know that at least BG has them for much cheaper, becuase there was NO WAY we were paying $7k for shutters!! Even $4k sounds sick for window coverings, but its better than anything else we have found, and we want to do the whole house in them.

Greg was even threatening to make them (NOOOO....)...hehee--I had to find a solution and FAST!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'd price Costco also. Yeah, window treatments in general are expensive. But, I do love the plantation shutters.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I like the lines of the Modera ring much better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results