shape
carat
color
clarity

need to be schooled on pearls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely adore pearls! I always have, there is just something that is so classy about them, yet I find I can wear them well with jeans and a cute t-shirt, lol. I have some pearls, and I know they are not good quality, but they have great sentimental value as they are all from my mom. I have a loose pearl that I would like to have set in a ring some day when I find the right design, as well as another funky shaped pearl that maybe is just more fun loose
(i''ll post pics when my sister is done borrowing my camera)

I would like to extend this collection to a pair of studs (or two, or three- lol) to start off with and then continue adding on from there. What I would like to know is where can I find some good info on pearls? are there any books, websites, vendors that you would suggest getting info from? anyone have any basic information they could share? any help is greatly appreciated
12.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Kas, I think many of us are in the same boat of just trying to learn all that we can about pearls...

I can recommend several vendor sites that many of us have purchased from that have some good educational information on them:

The Pearl Outlet (TPO) - they are very reasonably priced but at times some of us have been disappointed in the quality of our items. It is not necessarily that the items were misrepresented but they might have had more flaws than we expected or the color was off or the size was in the smaller end of the acceptable size range. TPO has been good with their customer service so I think everyone has had their concerns addressed...

Pearl Paradise (PP) - has very lovely items for sale but do cost more than what you would pay at TPO. But they are not offering the same merchandise so depending on what you are looking for, the price difference is justified. Almost everyone that I am aware of that are regular customers of PP are always very happy with their purchases and are loyal clients.

Pearl Oasis and the American Pearl Co. are also some vendors I''ve purchased from. I don''t really have much experience with these so maybe others can chime in.

Good luck! And come back w/ photos!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! so far I''ve gone to the PearlParadise website and that has been a wealth of information... its definately a good start on my pearl education!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
What did you think of American Pearl? I''ve been looking at their baroque akoya strand for a while. I wouldn''t be purchasing it anytime soon, but I''d love to hear if you recommend them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results