shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to add a wedding band to my Engagement Ring - help!

jhukid

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone. I need some help. My fiance loves her engagement ring, I love it too. She would also love a wedding band and I am having a horrible time trying to find one that fits well with the current engagement ring.

The problem is that any and all wedding bands thus far do not fit flush with the E-ring as it has a basket setting and the basket starts at the base of the ring and even the curved bands don't fit right because it's more of a rectangular/square base rather then a circular one. I gone to about 5 stores, they have discussed custom options. I have also checked out bluenile, james allen, and whiteflash.

Some people have suggested band wraps too, nothing that fits just right. Also they keep on saying that the white gold will be fine. The ring is a platinum band. 2.04CT Radiant rectangular cut VS1 H color diamond.

Can anyone help?

Ring1.JPG

Ring2.JPG

Ring3.JPG

Ring4.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
jhukid|1316322633|3019906 said:
Hi Everyone. I need some help. My fiance loves her engagement ring, I love it too. She would also love a wedding band and I am having a horrible time trying to find one that fits well with the current engagement ring.

The problem is that any and all wedding bands thus far do not fit flush with the E-ring as it has a basket setting and the basket starts at the base of the ring and even the curved bands don't fit right because it's more of a rectangular/square base rather then a circular one. I gone to about 5 stores, they have discussed custom options. I have also checked out bluenile, james allen, and whiteflash.

Some people have suggested band wraps too, nothing that fits just right. Also they keep on saying that the white gold will be fine. The ring is a platinum band. 2.04CT Radiant rectangular cut VS1 H color diamond.

Can anyone help?

LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

Does she NEED a flush fit band? I totally get it if she does, I absolutely thought I did. And that's what I have. But since then I've learned to appreciate the gap. So...

Um... what's your budget. And what styles does she like.

And are you totally against (don'tkillme) a reset of her current setting to one that is EXACTLY like that one--- BUT for the basket so that it allows a flush fit band.

Hold on. I can find one. I KNOW exactly where it is. I'll post it in a second.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
These two are my favorites. Both look FABULOUS with a square or rectangular stone. Each setting made to fit your actual stone so if there are any modifications you'd like to make, you can request it and if it's feasible they will help you.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5369
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5414

I know both are pictured with rounds on the site. But I promise that they look amazing with rectangular shapes. And the lovely thing about them is that she can get any wedding band that the she tries on and likes without going custom.

I know the impulse is to say... no we'll make a custom band. But they look funny. They really do. And your ring style is so classic and elegant I'd hate for you to muck it up with a weird band that has to be contorted to fit the setting.

And we can help you get a lovely custom cut affordable color stone (maybe her birthstone) to set in the original setting. And then she gets two stunning rings out of the deal. And a gorgeous wedding band to boot!

Incidentally, this is why we suggest that guys buy their rings with their lady's input instead of as a complete surprise. Things like flush fit bands are something that is VERY important to women and that most men don't think about because it just doesn't occur to them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I wouldn't mix metals. Pick one metal for both rings if they are going to sit next to each other.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is pretty! The square basket is a unique touch :sun:

I believe an old poster Researcher had a princess with a custom spacer notched to fit flush with her Ering, and a straight wedding band? I'll try to dig it up, that might be an option if a flush fit is very important to her... probably a pretty pricey endeavour though, I'm guessing it'd have to be a custom job.

ETA yup here it is [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-w-prong-wedding-band.29270/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-w-prong-wedding-band.29270/[/URL]
slh3.gif

DSCN0380.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results