shape
carat
color
clarity

need support please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone

so my future father in law has been in the hospital for a while. last friday he had surgery to remove a few tumors which we then were told were not dangerous. the surgery went well they were all removed and he was recovering. they got the ok that he would be able to go home yesterday and so as he and my future mother in law were getting ready to leave she stepped out to get a nurse i guess he didnt really understand where she was going scared him and he began to freak out, just this little amount of stress and anxiety lead to him not being able to breathe and having a lung collapse. by the time his wife came back she saw that he had been passed out from not getting enough air and so the doctors were able to revive him and put him on a respirator that he DID not want to be on and he wanted to not have the mask on so he was fighting it which made his breathing even harder resulted in his vitals dropping drastically low and him having to be moved to ICU. before they moved him the family was informed that those tumors, even if they were specifically not cancerous, he did infact have lung cancer and colon cancer which has already spread.

this is when M''s mom called and said that the entire family should come to the hospital because were not sure if they would make it on through the night.

we spent the entire night by his side, when M and I left at 4am his vitals were a lot better and he was stable and as of this morning they were only getting better and more stable.

we are all really worried and scared and we''re not sure what is going to happen in the next few days, the doctors did advise us that things are not looking very good and that we may only have a few more days with him

please pray for our family right now

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry you are having such a sad time in your family.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, Emilina. I hope your FFIL gets better, my thoughts are with you.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Emilina, I am so sorry and my prayers are with you and FFIL. Did you already know that he had cancer or was this the first time they were telling you?

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
EM: it was the first time that we all found out as a family that he had cancer

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am so so sorry for this Emilina. I hope that they can get him further stabilized and sort him out in the ICU.

A very dear friend of mine had two colon surgeries in 5 days for cancerous tumors. He was really on the edge there for a few days but pulled through. I really really hope that your FFIL has the same outcome.

Your family is in my thoughts.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hugs. You guys are in my thoughts as well.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
***HUGS***

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
::DUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSTTTTTT:: hang in there, hon. we''re all thinking of you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear that emilina! Sending lots of dust and hugs to you and your family!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Many hugs, you and your family are in my thoughts emilina.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that! Your family will be in my thoughts.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers outgoing for all involved. Big hugs, too.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone
first of all thank you for your thoughts and prayers

heres an update,

yesterday we got a call at around 130pm to come in because the doctors were saying that he wasnt doing so well. by 430 we dont know what happened but he woke up, he sat up ans started talking to us, he was responsive and he was able to recall who everyone was (GREAT sign) when one of the brothers ask if he remembered who he was, FFIL responded with "Im not Crazy John, I know who my children are"
1.gif
the doctors said that if he continues to stay stable then they would switch him ,hes actually doing really well, his vitals are all stable and they slowly started to take him off of morphine so that he can wake up. the doctors are saying that they may take him off of the respirator that he is on now and put him on a regular oxygen, as long as his respiration rates stay the same.

This morning I called M before i left for school to get an update, he said that around 6am he woke up and hes sitting up and talking to everyone, the doctors are waiting a few more hours just to be sure that hes strong enough to switch to the oxygen mask, and not the respirator. Im planning on going by after classes but everyone is hopeful and much more calm, we are all just there supporting my FMIL and the family. he truely is a fighter.

Thanks again everyone, and ill keep you all updated, i really appreciate all your support.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness!
36.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh emilina, I''m so glad to hear he''s doing better. I had tears welling up before I got to the turn around part. You''re all in my thoughts and prayers. I''m hoping to hear more about his steady recovery.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
that''s fantastic. :)
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about this Emilina - sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family and especially your FFIL.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your FFIL. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hope that he stays stable and gets better soon! Stay strong.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wooohoooo that''s super news! Yay!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad he is doing so much better! I love the "I''m not crazy John..." line. What a relief! He is blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love him! Hope he continues to do great and gets to come home soon.

Thanks for the update.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust and prayers to your FFIL and your family.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:31:30 PM
Author: emilina22
EM: it was the first time that we all found out as a family that he had cancer
OMG! How tragic. I''m so sorry. I just don''t understand how this could happen. It should have shown up in his bloodwork. I feel so bad for you and the family. I''m praying for you.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Sending prayers....

Its great that FFIL is getting stronger!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Emilina,
I''m so happy to hear things appeared a little brighter this afternoon. I am praying for your FFIL''s healing and strength and thinking of you and FI''s family. Sending hugs and best wishes. Please keep us posted.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy for you that things are looking up. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone

Everything was good today he was awake and talking and they even tried taking him off of the respirator, and onto an oxygen mask (not sure what its called its the one that they hook up and go up your nose) so they tried the one with the bag attached and still found that his lungs weren''t strong enough to handle it on his own so they put him back on a respirator but at a lower pressure and he is no longer on morphine which is good because it allows him to wake up and be more aware of whats going on around him. his vitals are still stable and good we''re just praying that they stay like that.

the only problem we had was with the new nurses, they dont understand that my Future Family is made up of 19 children and of these 19, 14 are here in Chicago and are at the hospital and with a family this large everyone wants some time with dad. they had to have security come up and make sure that no more than 2 people were in the room at a time, by the time M & I came werent able to see him so we waited patiently and right before we were about to leave we were able to have 10 minutes alone, no nurses just us him and my FMIL.

during these 10 minutes he was asleep and M went to hold his hand which after a few seconds dad woke up he opened his eyes and he started talking to us as much he could. M told him that we were there and we were by his side that we love him and we want him to get better, and to relax. M asked him if he was able to see us,and in the kindest voice said he knew that we were there and that he saw us. We knew he was exhuasted and wanted him to sleep so we said good night and let him sleep.

Im feeling very blessed to have such support here and M appreciates it too

i just thankful that his family amd my mom are dealing with the rest of the wedding plans and everything else that still has to be done because we know from both of Ms parents that they would still want us to have our wedding and to be happy and i talked to some of the sisters and they said that the wedding will be a day where everyone can smile and take to heart and appreciate how important our entire family is and hopefully Ms dad will be able to be there with us

thanks so much everyone for your prayers, it means so much you dont even understand.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that he is sick, but it sounds like he is truly a fighter. Fingers crossed and sending lots of dust that he will be well enough to enjoy your wedding day. Hugs

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i am so sorry your family is going through this - i hope to goodness that no matter what, he is comfortable, and that you are able to spend more time with him

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
emilina I am glad you two got to see him..prayers, dust, and thoughts still outgoing..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results