shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Suggestions on Custom Design Semi-mount from WF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi to everyone,

I have just started my QUEST to design a custom ring for my future fiancee.

I have a picture of the setting I want to have an INSPIRED recreation made especially for her. I hope it post.

If you can see the ring....what cool or neat suggestions would you make? Dont be afraid to post anything.

Thanks
MWG

3411A.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find i can get away with wider bands if they have holes in them, so I would go with a split shank or twisted split shank.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm I dont know your ring made me think of these two similar ones so maybe they can be a little inspiration :)

WRS076.jpg

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Neat suggestion...of course being a NEWBIE....could you show me a picture of your idea?

THanks
MWG

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
sorry meant to add this one :)

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Officier Girl,

Nice rings and definitely a different look from the same basic design.....THanks...*S*

MWG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I was imaging with the "twisted" split shank (although it only only goes through half of a wave, one wave consisting of one up and one down) so it only has half (or one?) a twist in it:
44U13.jpg

And if you want the 3 stone to have two rows of melee, this is what I meant by "split shank"
1RD2084ARP_big.jpg

The 2nd one by Jaffe that Officers Girl posted is a combo of these two.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems the original has a bit of an antique feel. The other side of the coin is that it may be considered gaudy in the hands of the wrong person. For better or worse, the following variations seem to be lacking that.

Of course the other option is to do a 3 stone, then curved bands for wedding and anniversary?

Can't give away all your presents at once!
10.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:54:09 PM
Author: JulieN
It seems the original has a bit of an antique feel. The other side of the coin is that it may be considered gaudy in the hands of the wrong person. For better or worse, the following variations seem to be lacking that.

Of course the other option is to do a 3 stone, then curved bands for wedding and anniversary?

Can''t give away all your presents at once!
10.gif

ooooohhhh, I love this idea! Then depending on how she feels, your FI can bling it up or down! wear none, one or two bands with the e-ring.

a

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to those who posted. There are definitely some different versions, but I know she would want to stay real close to the antique style of the original. She has gorgeous hands and it looked awesome on her hand...*S* Now, I must tell you that we are both in our early 40s in age.

Any suggestions on how you would slightly change the original design, so it would not be an infringement on the design...

Take something off or add something to make it different, but better.

THanks for all your help!!!

MWG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results