shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions for princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cybermob2

Rough_Rock
The more I look, the more people I talk to to, the more stones I see, the more confused I get.

I have about $6500 +/- a few hundred

Ideally, around 1.15-1.3ct, F-G, VS1-2

I have found the setting, which is going to be a euroshank modified ritani (GF doesn''t like tight rings, so hopefully euroshank will help the rock from falling to the side with a looser fit and the thin, delicate ritani band), and will be ordered from a local jeweler. Hopefully they won''t be too mad about me already having a diamond, but frankly, the prices they have on diamonds are outrageous (9,000+ for specs above)

Any ideas? Besides scoping BN, Union, etc and narrowing search by princess, F-G, 1.15-1.3, premium-ideal, VS1-VS2... I still know there is a lot more to consider.

Any leads??

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm, well, I usually restrict to AGS.

You should know how large this 1.15-1.3 stone is. Something about 5.7 for the low end.

I'd give Bill Pearlman at Pearlman's Jewelers a call and see what he can find for you.

Let's see, there's
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2724/

For a finely cut stone, 9K is not an outrageous price. You may want to consider SI1 stones.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes you see a pic and you are pretty darn sure it's a nice one. For fancies, it is more difficult. Or maybe nice fancies are just more rare. Lack of standardized photo systems makes it difficult to compare pics from different vendors. Ideal Scope is a step toward standardization, but differences in photography make a huge difference.

Anyway, this stone isn't exactly saying "buy me" to me. The dark spot around the culet region, the yellowish tinge at the perimeter of the table.

One more: 6758 http://www.elmyrservices.net/stonepreview.php?id=7c555a03394f1b0959bcc05dd1b12b2d&cid=2 available at Wink Jones. Looks crisp.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results