shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions for 10th anniversary gift !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am done with ordering my Simon G tricolor ring for my Birthday.. So, looking for another project
2.gif

My tenth wedding anniversary is coming up in september and my hubby asked me to buy WHATEVER I want
3.gif
And here I am, don''t know what to choose..Hoping you folks can help me !! I don''t have a pair of diamond studs and I also don''t own a solitaire necklace. I was leaning towards buying .75 ct EACH diamond studs, but I feel somehow my hair wouldn''t show it at all, and what a waste of money for something that may not show !! And solitaire necklace feels too "little" to buy for 10th anniversary
3.gif

Ok, having said that, can I ask all of your suggestions, as to what would be a nice, memorable, practical and useful gift that I could purchase for my upcoming anniversary

9.gif

thanks
dreamer

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
depends on what you'd wear the most.

i am currently enamored with the WF solitaire bangle bracelet they have....having tried it on in houston recently. very classic but in a modern way. goes great with e-rings..hehee.

but i also want a larger solitaire pendant. i am finding i don't wear my diamond stud earrings hardly at all lately, so i might trade them in for a bigger pendant.

you could do a 1c solitaire pendant in a thin bezel or similar. to me that's very classic but commemorative. i'm not such a fan of earrings anymore but if you will wear them, people who do swear by them. or a tennis bracelet. or the solitaire bracelet. or a shared prong bangle. or a halo'd pendant like alj's and kaleigh's. the possibilities are really limitless!!!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
baseball tickets....who needs jewelry :) haha....but i''m a guy so what do i know?

blr66666

Rough_Rock
For my 10th anniversary, I am getting a 2 carat Princess Cut earrings. If you get really big diamonds, you can see them through your hair.
19.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have an diamond eternity band? Seems like a 10th anniversary would be a perfect occasion for something blingy like that. I''m currently coveting either an EC or asscher-cut shared-prong or Daniel K U-ternity band. Just a pipe dream though!

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Although I like an eternity ring, I already have enough rings for now
1.gif

The diamond bangles (atleast 2 !!) are in my list, but I am going to buy them when I visit India next time (my home town), b''cos they are much more affordable and pretty there.. Just, IMHO !!

So, may be pendants ?!? 1C soitaire sounds nice for now.. Hope I would get more ideas flowing in
2.gif

thanks

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you see pics of Aljdewey''s diamond halo pendant by WF?? I am making one for myself in WG. There is a thread showing the WAX and stone I got from WF in SMTR. It''s titled all good girls have halos. Just a thought.

anika

Shiny_Rock
After getting the SImon G ring, I would look at either earrings or a pendant. Do you ever wear your hair up?
Diamond stud earrings are a staple; they are something people can''t miss. That being said; you are either an earring girl or not.

A beautiful thin bezel set diamond pendant can also look special and substantial. I would go platinum and maybe 1 ct. This is something you can wear everyday or even for special occasions. I have a 0.83 ct one and love it. I wear it on a plain white gold chain and to dress it up also have a wire chain.
These would be my two top picks which you''ve already thought of.

Maybe go to a jeweller and have a play. What fun!

Anika

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tough decision!! Would you consider diamond hoop earrings or colored stone and diamond earrings with a matching pendant? Are youa bracelet girl--how about a diamond tennis bracelet or bangle? I am a big fan of diamond bracelets and feel one cannot have too many
9.gif
...in fact I am seriously considering ordering a second diamond bangle from Wink........

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of the diamond hoop earrings or a pendant is always nice.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How about a nice watch??? A good name brand watch in yellow or white gold with diamonds perhaps if you don''t already have one.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like all of the ideas (and why not?!) but I really love the one carat diamond on a chain or the nice watch...the diamond hoop earrings are also not bad either, and would show better than a stud...

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks all..

All of your ideas are buy-worthy
emteeth.gif

I am now highly leaning towards kaleigh''s halo pendant !! It is more dressy and sparkly than a solitaire pendant (IMHO), but still can be worn often. I have to go and try one of these at a jewelry store..

Also, hoop earrings are not bad.. Didn''t think about that..

Already have couple of nice watches, so I will save that for later.

Look at this pendant, which matches my Simon G ring.. Something to think about may be..
2.gif

But, since my 3 stone ring is from GOG, I am sure I NEED to buy my stone from him, whether it is for earrings or pendant.. Rest is uncertain, but for GOG !!

dreamer

LP3743.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that pendant, but would just say for a 10 year anniversary, don''t get anything ''fashiony''..aka anything that may not be a classic and worn forever. Something like the Simon G ring or that pendant to me is more fashiony and may float in and out of favor with you over the years. Even hoop earrings are like that IMO even though I love them. But a classic solitaire pendant or similar to me is anniversary worthy because it is just so long-term. Just my own thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results