carat
color
clarity

Need some thoughts on this stone

Jakey020

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
Im looking to buy an engagement ring.
I've come across this stone and would like some thoughts and advice.
Priced: $13,500 (tax included)
Gia #: 5201577547
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 11.00.06 PM.png

Thank you.

Attachments

• 5201577547.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 24

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It scores well (<2) on HCA, which is a good sign. Can you get an ASET image as well?
649F2E24-ABBE-4EDD-8F03-B26227F1CB84.jpeg

Not sure why the ‘looks like size’ box isn’t working ... :eh:

Jakey020

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your feedback. I currently just have the GIA report and the picture of the heart and arrows I attached. I saw the stone in person looked beautiful just wanted to get the expert's opinion.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Specs look solid to me and that's as clean a VS2 as you'll find. Photos look decent. Would be nice to get a video but I'm assuming you're dealing with an independent jeweler so you'll have to trust your eyes. I don't know enough to comment on the
pricing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most stones are not owned by the vendor advertising them (unless its a branded cut). They are owned by someone else and are in a database
that vendors can use to load and advertise the stones hence you can find a stone on multiple sites.

Put the stone on hold so it does not get sold out from under you.

Jakey020

Rough_Rock
I currently put a hold on it. I'll be buying it end of this week.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I currently put a hold on it. I'll be buying it end of this week.

Make sure your vendor has a good Returns policy, in writing, just in case there are any issues that are only apparent when the stone is in your hands.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock

Just found the video, strange how this website also has the diamond listed on their website.

It might be on loan to your jeweler - because if he owned it, there's no way it would be for sale on adiamor. I wouldn't wait too long to buy it if you really like it.

Unless a vendor owns the actual stone in inventory, that same stone can still be sold by another vendor even if you put it on "hold". This happens more often than people think - I've had multiple friends and colleagues lose stones they've had on hold with BN for instance.

Jakey020

Rough_Rock
You're right it is on a loan to the jeweler the owner of the stone is a wholesaler that only sells so jewelers. I put a deposit on it just need to pick out the setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results