shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some PS opinions

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
If it was recut by BGD then go for it ! I had my uncertified diamond recut by them a few years ago and it turned out great . mine was estimated by them to be N/O ,VS2 . it is still not certified , but I am thinking of sending it to GIA or EGL myself .

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crowns low and a 60/60 style stone. Which means if it was papered it would be discounted for the 60/60. It's not an ideal cut though it's not a bad cut. It will favor white light over colored light. And it's not lab reported but the price is comparable for a ring with papers. So, frankly, I think it's overpriced.

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7978684-1.50-carat-Round-diamond-K-color-SI1-Clarity.aspx?sku=7978684&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com 4600 for a K Si1 with a GIA report. This one is not a 60/60 so it's not discounted, and that stone is an estimated Si2. So it would be worth less, retail than this one, even.

That means you are paying at least 1200 for the platinum setting.

So that means you are paying, IMO, the price a lab papered stone would cost and near retail for the setting. And you may have to size the setting.

Nope. Not a good deal at all.

My highest price I'd pay for that is 3800 for the stone. And 800 for the setting. So 4600 would be my top price for that.

If you have a 6k budget. You might be better off just paying retail for a new stone with GIA papers already. And then you can pick your own setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy- thank you SOOOOO much for your input here. Everthing you said makes perfect sense. And I really appreciate the time you took to look up other options for me.

Thanks again !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results