shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I''ll soon buy a new diamond, and Paul-Antwerp will cut it for me.
I have some TIC diamonds, does anyone have pictures of FIC diamonds?
I never saw one.
I saw a lot of BIC''s, and I don''t like them.

Thanks all!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Still no pics?
Garry?
Rhino?
Mara?
or X?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry Stephan..I only have my BIC pics....

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
If no pics, can someone do a simulation for me?
For example this FIC diamond:
Depth: 61.2
Table: 56
Crown: 37
Pavil: 40
Thanks, experts!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Can some expert help me to take a decision, please?
I never saw a FIC, I want to buy one, but I am afraid.
I think that the most FIC diamonds have a better fire and a better scintillation, but that the spread is not so good.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Stephan I was racking my brain today and knew someone had recently posted a Fiery Ideal Cut Diamond..Well I remembered that Stephcola's diamond was a fiery Ideal cut that was appraaised by Richard Sherwood. Here's the Photos and the Sarin Spec's..

1.2 FIC on the cut advisor.

Table 54/ depth 60.2
Crown angle 35.7
pavil angle 39.8
culet 0.3
girdle 1.7%

Hope this helps you out..Maybe Steph or Rich can add comments.../idealbb/images/smilies/wavey.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

regficpic.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

ficidealscope.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alot of light return on that baby, even if the arrows aren't perfect.
2.gif

Still looks pretty white brilliant Stephan...!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Josh and Mara !!!
This diamond is gorgeous !
Paul sent me a mail, it will be no problem for him to cut a FIC H&A.
Is it important (for the contrast) that the HCA score has to be higher than 0.6 for a FIC diamond? Or is it only important for TIC diamonds?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/22/2003 3:01:37 AM Stephan wrote:

Is it important (for the contrast) that the HCA score has to be higher than 0.6 for a FIC diamond? Or is it only important for TIC diamonds?
----------------

Hey Stephan,

In regards to contrast I would not rely on the HCA, but rather viewing the image presented in the Idealscope.Whether the reflective surfaces within the diamond are weak or strong, they contribute to contrast brilliance/scintillation within the diamond.

Blatant leakage or white areas viewed through the IS contribute to a decrease in contrast. Not only is the depth of dark reds and blacks important, but the amount of blacks/whites viewed through the device contribute to either very high scintillation or a decrease in scintillation. The more points of contrast that exist within the diamond the more scintillating it will be . The contrast can seen in the idealscope by the amount of dark reds vs. the pale reds.

The strength in Fire or colored light return within a diamond viewed through the crown is also a result of the relationship between the crown & pavilion angle . A large amount of leakage seen through the idealscope can decrease the stones overall contrast. This leakage is dependent on the crown and pav. Angle relationship. This relationship can increase or optimize light reflection through the crown at the right critical angle or it can cause the light to be reflected at the wrong angle which can contribute to increased leakage…This is shown with stones which have pav angles over 41 which seen through the idealscope can show leakage under the table. Another good example of a leaky diamond is one that displays the nail head effect..

I’m sorry if this response is sort of jumbled (trying to think of many things at once and how to explain it to you

wacko.gif
), but in short the contrast will primarily be determined by the skill of the cutter and the depth or intensity of the contrast in your stone can be viewed through the idealscope and the dark reds/black that are present…
wavey.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your complete explication, Josh !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results