shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED SOME OPINIONS PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xmagoo190

Rough_Rock
I'm debating between purchasing a diamond online through IDJ or through a lady at a local shop who's been quite helpful thus far. Both have been very close in pricing but the lady helping me at LT Denny has been quite helpful and meticulous in finding stones but hasn't been able to find the "perfect" stone yet. She's found a few, but after seeing them in person, none struck me as "the one".

IDJ has this stone that I was considering, please tell me what you think: (my thoughts are listed after at the bottom of this post)

Carat: 1.82
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Cut/Polish/Symmetry: Ex/Ex/Ex (Hearts & Arrows)
Florescence: None
Table: 58%
Depth: 61.4%
Angles: 34/41
Crown: 14% (my local jeweler suggested that crown percentage be in the high 14's to mid 15's)
HCA Score: 1.3 (excellent)
Idealscope Pics Below
GIA Cert

I'm a bit concerned with the crown percentage, it's slightly less than ideal, also the inclusions on the stone indicate that it may have a natural crystal and some feathers but no way to tell without buying it first and returning it if it doesn't work out.

Should I get the stone or hold out for my local jeweler?
33.gif

IMG_8800.jpg

xmagoo190

Rough_Rock
...more pics

IMG_8806.jpg

xmagoo190

Rough_Rock
...I can't figure out how to upload multiple pics on one post

IMG_8808.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The crown angles and pavilion angles are critical moreso than the crown height so you have nothing to worry about. The angles of this diamond can make a great combo, the diamond looks good from what I can tell from the image also. I would need closer hearts images to judge those. A natural needn't necessarily pose a problem, get an independant appraiser to verify your purchase should you buy the diamond.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 2:42:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
The crown angles and pavilion angles are critical moreso than the crown height so you have nothing to worry about. The angles of this diamond can make a great combo, the diamond looks good from what I can tell from the image also. I would need closer hearts images to judge those. A natural needn''t necessarily pose a problem, get an independant appraiser to verify your purchase should you buy the diamond.
yup,need a better heart pic,looks like an almost A&H.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results