shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some last minute advice on Bluenile!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you may know, BF and I have been ring shopping. I''ve found a fabulous diamond on Bluenile and BF is considering it but still skeptical. If he was to get it we would obviously have it independtly appraised. However, what''s to keep them from shipping us something other than what it says? Also, does anyone know what happens if we get it independently appraised and find out there are some huge discrepencies? Or even minor ones? Please help!

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
Since you can view the GIA report of most BN diamonds, just make sure the report numbers match. Your independent appraiser will verify that the diamond matches the report. If you don''t like what you hear during that appraisal, you can return within 30 days, according to this: http://www.bluenile.com/returns.jsp

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Another question, how will I know that the numbers match? Should they be inscribed on the diamond? Even though we can return it, are we still out the $150 for the independent apprasial if there is a huge discrepency?

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 7:47:02 PM
Author: Treasure43
Another question, how will I know that the numbers match? Should they be inscribed on the diamond? Even though we can return it, are we still out the $150 for the independent apprasial if there is a huge discrepency?
It will say it's laser inscribed on the report if it is. If it's not your appraiser will be able to match the diamond to GIA by size, where inclusions are etc. I bought a loupe from ebay for around $7 when I was purchasing. BN is reputable so I wouldn't worry.

ETA: Mine say's "Laser Inscription Registry".... and then gives the number

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The appraiser will match the clarity plot on the AGS document with the stone, if it is out, then it is not the same stone, no need to worry about if the stone is inscribed or not, the clarity plot of each stone is unique, like a fingerprint.

Yes, you will still have to pay the appraiser, but at least you are sure you are getting the stone as it stated in the document. Even if you buy from the B&M shop, you will still need an appraiser to ensure it is the stone you bought, it is the same thing.

GemologistK

Rough_Rock
Not all that easy, if you can have it independantely appraised is much better since many elements
are not listed on the GIA report like ''cloud'', or if the dimond was chipped in the shipping to you,
or switched by mistake etc.... Also, you need to know the true value of your diamond.

Joe, RGA-NAJA

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 7:22:59 PM
Author:Treasure43
As some of you may know, BF and I have been ring shopping. I''ve found a fabulous diamond on Bluenile and BF is considering it but still skeptical. If he was to get it we would obviously have it independtly appraised. However, what''s to keep them from shipping us something other than what it says? Also, does anyone know what happens if we get it independently appraised and find out there are some huge discrepencies? Or even minor ones? Please help!
The appraiser will match the diamond to the report and tell you if there are any discrepencies, but this is rare and BN are a reliable vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results