shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone DH works with is looking to get a ring for his GF. He wants a MQ (which I know NOTHING about besides the bowtie issue) He wants 2 ct. and his budget is around $20,000. Any ideas of what to look for?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 11:23:47 AM
Author:Tacori E-ring
Someone DH works with is looking to get a ring for his GF. He wants a MQ (which I know NOTHING about besides the bowtie issue) He wants 2 ct. and his budget is around $20,000. Any ideas of what to look for?

LOL, I only know to check for bowties too!
9.gif
Hopefully someone who knows more than we do will come along and save the day!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 12:12:09 PM
Author: :)
Date: 12/12/2006 11:23:47 AM

Author:Tacori E-ring

LOL, I only know to check for bowties too!
9.gif
Hopefully someone who knows more than we do will come along and save the day!
9.gif

That is so funny! I know there are some MQ lovers on here and we ALL love spending other people''s money
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone???

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about marquis diamonds, but I would check out Dave Atlas'' AGA Cut Class Chart for Fancy Shapes. Click on Knowledge at the top of the page and go to fancy cuts and then choose marquis. He gives some parameters for ideal cut stones.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 10:37:22 AM
Author: Sundial
I don''t know anything about marquis diamonds, but I would check out Dave Atlas'' AGA Cut Class Chart for Fancy Shapes. Click on Knowledge at the top of the page and go to fancy cuts and then choose marquis. He gives some parameters for ideal cut stones.
ditto that.
you can also find a good vendor and have them work for you. they know how to spot diamonds ''by the numbers'', put their expertise to use!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
second the recomendation of working with a good vendor.
From there its the usual good pics, IS, ASET.

findarock

Shiny_Rock
trying to soak up all I can, Is there some sort of "legend" that I can refer to when people are talking about;
"dh" MQ, GIA, CT, ETC?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 11:26:32 AM
Author: findarock
trying to soak up all I can, Is there some sort of ''legend'' that I can refer to when people are talking about;
''dh'' MQ, GIA, CT, ETC?
dh - darling husband
mq - marquise
GIA - Gemological Institute of America
ct - carat
etc - etcetera

I think there is a thread of abbreviations around here somewhere

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know people tend to go to WF for RB (ACA) and GOG has been used for asschers. Is there a certain vendor that is better with MQ (or other fancies)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results