shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dazednconfused

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone has dealt with a company in Vienna, Virginia called IGS Diamonds Inc. It''s run by a young man, Ed Czarnetzky. He receives some services from his father who is an ASA appraiser. They both seem very knowledgable and nice. I am just about ready to purchase and was still contemplating buying through the web from someone line Whiteflash or from a local retailer. I know there are pluses & minuses for both. Any thoughts?

justme

Shiny_Rock
dazed -

Can you give some information about the stone(s) that you would like to know about? This will help all evaluate how they are priced for their grade.

To answer your question - I had not heard of them until you wrote about them but that doesn't mean much!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Dazed,

We don't know IGS Diamonds, but we know WhiteFlash... As a competitor we often hear of complaints against other diamond companies and we have heard nothing negative about WhiteFlash. That said, you should verify the good standing of any diamond company you are considering doing business with by calling the Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC) in New York City at (212) 997-2002 or http://www.jvc.org as they are the equivelent of the Better Business Bureau specifically for our industry - but they have TEETH!!! If you have a problem with a member of the diamond industry and can't get it resolved, the fastest way to a resolution is to get the JVC involved. Still, it is better to resolve the problem before it becomes one by calling the JVC before the purchase to ensure that the company doesn't have any complaints thus far.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Robin and Todd:

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Yes, the JVC and the BBBOnline are good places to start in finding out the viability and good standing of any business. Unfortunately, there are alot of companies out there with less than perfect track records.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

dazednconfused

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice on checking out a company. They don't seem to be in bad standing with either. Actually, they didn't show up in JVC. After meeting with them, they seem like reputable individuals. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they are in good standing with ASA as an appraiser.
Well off to happily hunt after my diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results