shape
carat
color
clarity

need some help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeg242s

Rough_Rock
Ok, I was doing some "reasearch" for a certain ring for my girlfriend. This looked like a great place to ask a few questions. I saw the forum for proposal stories, but I figured since this is more of a "ring" question I would be ok to post here.

Here''s my delima, I have halfway chosen a ring I am sure she''d love. I just can''t really decide on size. I was poking around at blue nile and ended up with a .7 carat, VS1,G, asscher cut diamond in a "trellis?" platinum setting. I was wondering if any of you had a similar ring? (I thought about a larger diamond but it''s not really her style and she''s got pretty small hands/fingers. 3.5-4) I also had a question about "side" diamonds on the "trellis" setting, good idea, bad?

Next big question. How to ask? I am thinking since she wears her dad''s wedding ring on her finger, taking it off and putting the e-ring on, and then asking her "the question". This would of course be after a nice dinner, kids movie (since we first met watching one) and just generally a good night together (with her favorite wine, Penfolds!). Any more ideas. It''s kind of a lame idea but I thought it might be ok since she pretty much knows she''s getting the ring.

Sorry for the long post now picture and hopefully your help!
emteeth.gif
(pic attached?)

.7 carat plat trellis setting.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Jeg!

I think the ring you''ve designed is beautiful. Do you have any more information on the center stone? You want it to be as beautiful and sparkly as possible! As for side diamonds, that''s completely up to you. I have pave on the sides of my ring and I love it, but other girls prefer the elegant simplicity of a plain solitaire.

Your proposal sounds wonderful as well. I wouldn''t change a thing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results