shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help with a new band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am hoping you can help me out. I have the Fine Line solitaire by Le (check it out on the Whiteflash.com site) and a five stone 1 carat band I got from a B&M store. Well, today I noticed that the band seems to causing a bit of a problem with the bottom of my ring. It''s scratching it up and there is a tiny indentation towards the bottom of the prong. I had no idea this would happen (of course I asked about it before purchasing the ering). Now, I''m thinking I want to get a different band, get my original reset, or both? I have no idea. Let me know what you all think!

Thanks in advance.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the diamonds in the band touch the E-ring setting this is bound to happen. The only definitive cure will be a channel-set band (if you do not hate them). I am not sure this can get truly deadly for either the small diamonds in the band or the setting (well, aside the scratches), but who knows? All in all: any design capable to solve this problem should keep the diamonds on the band away from the E-ring - channel is the first that comes to mind, but there may be others equaly suitable. Maybe a bar setting with the "bars" slightly longer than the diameter of the diamonds, or so.
I am not sure wether any pave (with prongs 'on the side') may help. I hope some experienced wearers may add comments... these come mostly from among my jeweler's words of wisedom
2.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Any other opinions? Especially from any of the vendors? I don't hate channel-set, but I don't love it either. I wish I'd known this before or I wouldn't have spent the $$$ on my wedding band. I guess I can wear it on my right hand, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results