shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help/thoughts on this EGL diamond??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moolie26

Rough_Rock
First of all thank you to all of your contributions to this forum, it truly has been a valued learning experience. For the most part i have been looking for very well cut rounds certified by GIA/AGS, but came across this one, that seems to have good proportions in the size/color/clarity that i am looking for. What do i need to keep an extra cautious eye out for due to EGL certification??

What are your thoughts on this one??

Carat Weight: 1.23
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 56%
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
Culet: N
Girdle: THIN
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.98x6.94x4.21
Price: 5300

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Moolie,

Please let us know which EGL lab certified the stone.
EGL USA begins with US
EGL Antwerp begins with AO/AP/AQ/AR/AS/AT
EGL Israel begins with year of certificate(eg 98/99) or 22.
Each EGL is different...
Do you happen to have crown height and pavilion depth? These would be very helpful.
Let us know if you can provide these infos.

Giangi
1.gif

moolie26

Rough_Rock
Hi Giangi -

The EGL lab is from Israel. The Crown and Pavillion %'s are 15% and 43 % respectively. I'm weary of the EGL Israel cert, but possibly it may be worth sending to an independant appraiser and getting checked...who knows...maybe they were spot on on this one...though not likely.

Any thoughts on how to approach handling this, or do i stay away from it all together? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Moolie,

The stone has beautiful proportions. Be advised that EGL Israel is notoriously liberal in its grading, so it's a good idea to send it to an appraiser. On the other hand, EGL stones have lower prices, so if your stone is accurately graded, the stone could be a good bargain. Just check seller's return policy and find a good appraiser! Good luck
1.gif
!!

Giangi

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Hi,
I would try to stay with either a vs2 in e.g.l,or go with a little more expensive G.I.A OR A.G.S,.If you are thinking to go and check out the color or the clarity of the E.G.L, believing that it might get the same results as a g.i.a, you just have to know that if it was possible, it wouldn't have had an e.g.l cert.as the mfg. of the stone would have done that to make more money!!

just my 2 cents
1.gif

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
With regards to where an E.G.L. certificate is from, any ideas where this one is from with a cert. number that starts with 2302?

canadian 1
wavey.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
23... with no letters = Israel

US 23... = EGL NY

1.gif

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
What about US 18.....

canadian 1
9.gif

barry

Shiny_Rock
Giangi; good advice.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If the diamond is in Israel and you are in the US, there could be a fee to bring the diamond in. I considered one until I found out it was in Israel. The vendor would have required me to pay $200 shipping up front whether or not I decided to buy the diamond.

Some of the diamonds in the "mulitple listings" are physically located in other countries and buyers might have to pay shipping to preview them.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results