shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help picking out my mens wedding band

Berts

Rough_Rock
I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse. I tried searching this site but couldn't find exactly what I am looking for.

I tried on rings yesterday and having a hard time decided so need a little nudge from you pro's. The only non gold ring I liked were the titanium. I'm still heavily favoring 14K white gold because, well it's gold and I like the idea of versatility of resizing and it's gold ha ha. I'm sentimental so I want to keep the same ring forever, not have to replace it if I get fat ha ha. The price of the titanium is hard to ignore though. I've very outdoorsy every weekend playing in the mountains of Idaho so I would be hard on my ring. My fiance and I both like the 8mm the best but 7mm would work. I'm 6'-5" so I have long fingers and a size 10.5. I have a feeling I'm way over thinking this but it is a ring I'll be wearing for the rest for my life so I want to make sure I do anything I can to assure it's the right one. I don't wear rings ever so this is all new.

I really like this 8mm 14K white gold square band http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product168645.html My concern with this one is the square outside, I like the look but how bulky would it make the ring feel?

From there I'm looking at a 8mm 14K white gold flat comfort fit http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89711.html

Cliffs:
-Advantages of titanium over 14K gold and vice versa?
-Outside square ring or standard round flat top?
-I've been looking at eweddingband.com any other comparable sites?
-Anything I'm missing?

Any other input you have is greatly appreciated.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do not wear rings or aren't used to it, I'd go with a thinner ring. The square one is actually thinner (1.5mm vs 1.75) so that is something to consider.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about trying out a ceramic band in a width you like, before committing to a gold or titanium band? The ceramic band can also serve as your outdoor adventure band. I actually travel with one of e-wedding band's smallest pink ceramic band. :dance:

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
If your afraid of damaging your wedding band, try a band made out of tungsten. Not only is it cheaper, but it is also nearly indestructible. The only issue with tungsten is that it is basically impossible to resize. So you need to be sure of your size.

Lots Of Luck :angel:

Berts

Rough_Rock
Good to know on the thickness difference. Thanks for the heads up. I would think the square edges would be out of the way and not annoying. I wish they would post weights. The square is $140 more, maybe less gold but different. I want something simple and like how it's simple and different.

I don't now much about ceramic but my initial thought is ceramic would be brittle. I'll have to google how durable they are.

Thanks,

Berts

Rough_Rock
xbeth04|1457115486|3999802 said:
If your afraid of damaging your wedding band, try a band made out of tungsten. Not only is it cheaper, but it is also nearly indestructible. The only issue with tungsten is that it is basically impossible to resize. So you need to be sure of your size.

One thing I didn't like about the tungsten is it's heavy. I'm sure I would get used to it but I prefer a lighter option.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lifted this from e-weddingbands.com - if it's strong enough for space shuttles, I think it's durable enough for a man! :appl:

Ceramic Wedding Bands
What is Ceramic?

If you think “ceramic” means small clay figurines sculpted in high school art classes that become fragile items of questionable beauty, then you need to hear about Hi-Tech Ceramic.

Well known for toughness, durability and scratch resistance, Hi-Tech Ceramic is created by combining the newest technologies with exotic alternative materials like zirconium and yittra, along with specialized bonding agents. The result is a superior structural ceramic material with almost unlimited potential that stays polished forever! It has long been the material of choice for the aerospace, medical and dental industries. Recent engineering applications include tiles for the space shuttle program, gas burner nozzles, kiln-linings, bio-medical implants, jet-engine turbine blades, and ballistic protection.

Frequently compared to tungsten carbide because of its extreme hardness, Hi-Tech Ceramic doesn’t scratch, craze, discolor, or fade. It is hypoallergenic, contains no cobalt, and is greatly resistant to chipping and breakage. Wedding bands made from Hi-Tech Ceramic are lighter in weight than tungsten, providing a more comfortable fit for the wearer, and can be produced in many high-gloss colors. Ceramic wedding bands are a sophisticated choice for a durable wedding band or fashionable accessory.

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
Berts|1457115868|3999809 said:
xbeth04|1457115486|3999802 said:

One thing I didn't like about the tungsten is it's heavy. I'm sure I would get used to it but I prefer a lighter option.

As far as the heaviness of tungsten, you can in fact get it machined pretty thin, Just something to consider.

Berts

Rough_Rock
Those steel rings are a great idea. I'll have to order those and see how they feel. I'll make sure to wear them around the buddies and tell them it's my engagement ring ha ha :)

Never thought ceramic could be so durable. I'll have to entertain that. I did sent that to a co-worker who's fiance is looking for a black ish ring that's not too spendy. Perfect for him for sure.

Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results