carat
color
clarity

Need some fashion advice please

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

We are attending a wedding the end of July in Port Jefferson. I have found a dress I really like and shoes that I am in love with but I don't know if I can wear them together. A few people have said I can pull it off if I just own it. Their words not mine! This is not a super formal wedding so I am in line with the dress code if you will. I'm kind of going for a whimsical vibe, sorry that the shoe is sideways, I couldn't figure out how to flip it around.

Thoughts? Don't let me go looking like a clown now :shifty:

_4388.jpeg

_4387.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute! I love pattern and floral together, this is a perfect combo. I might also do a red/bright pink (I can't tell from my screen if that is red or pink in the shoes) belt or ribbon around your waist to accentuate your great hourglass shape even more and really balance the look.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your dress and shoes are cute and perfect for a summer wedding. The reality is that no ones really going to pay attention to you unless you're competing with the bride in a white gown :lol: . I'd suggest bringing a pair of flip flops to change into if they'd be more comfy for you to dance in. I'm always so jealous of the girls that remember to because I'm always rushing out the door and forgetting my flip flops!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I love the fit of the dress on you. The shoes are a perfect compliment , I find them much more charming than say a black pump or sandal. The wedge will be more comfortable than a stiletto or high pitched pump. Now for your purse !

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the polka dots and floral together!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the feedback and for the lovely compliments about my figure, I've been working hard on losing the baby weight.

Monarch- I love the ribbon idea, totally didn't think of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

SandyCheeks- Suggestions for a purse? I was thinking I had to do black since I don't want too much going on.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I agree a black purse will be a good option. in case you haven't a black evening bag, these are cute choices by Rebecca Minkoff.

_4390.jpeg

_4389.jpeg

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
No, darling. Too busy. Pick one pattern - polka dots or florals - and work with it. Strappy black sandals with the dress. Red lipstick, a smile, and you're good to go.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone is different. I agree if you are confident with what you are wearing it will work and work well. Personally it is not to my taste but again if you love it and rock it you will look beautiful in your choices. I know it is popular to mix prints but it is not to my taste unless they are both subtle prints which the shoes are not. Having said that I love black and hot pink so that is a great color combo.

Btw love the dress you are going to wear. Reminds me of my city hall impromptu wedding dress when we eloped a few months before the big wedding.

Enjoy!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm typically a fan of mixing patterns, but for a wedding, I probably wouldn't wear it unless I knew with certainty that it was appropriate for a particular wedding. I would probably wear the dress with solid-colored shoes in either black or white (or even nude, which can make the legs look longer) and pair it with a red handbag/clutch for a pop of color. Or you could even wear a neutral handbag/clutch (black or white) and add some whimsy with a pair of solid red shoes.
You look great in the dress, by the way - the style & fit really compliments your shape. Fashion really is about making it your own, so if you feel confident in the two patterns, then I agree with your friends who've told you that you could make it work if you want to. if you decide to go that route, I would keep everything else very simple (no belt, simple jewelry, a simple handbag, etc.).
Have fun at the wedding =)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
floral & polka dots can look cute together. I actually like your wedge & dress combo better than the one with the wedges shown here

_4393.jpeg

_37634.jpg

_37638.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
These looks work well too, but they are not quite as fun/whimsical as the floral shoe

_37635.jpg

_37636.jpg

_37637.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was able to get a pic with the dress and shoes on. Please don't mind my hair but I wanted to give you guys the full look.

_4394.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you look like such a doll in the outfit :love: . You know what pulls the shoes and dress together? The smile on your face! :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pinto! My husband is so funny, he thinks I should get different shoes (he is more conservative) and part of me says who could turn down an opportunity for shoes? :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I think it works. How about adding a red or pink (whichever color is in the shoes - it's difficult to tell in the pictures) clutch to pull it all together? If you want to give your husband's advice some consideration, I would understand that too and an opportunity to buy new shoes is always fun. Either way, you won't go wrong. You look lovely!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1466864868|4048174 said:
I think it works. How about adding a red or pink (whichever color is in the shoes - it's difficult to tell in the pictures) clutch to pull it all together? If you want to give your husband's advice some consideration, I would understand that too and an opportunity to buy new shoes is always fun. Either way, you won't go wrong. You look lovely!

Thank you! I love those pics you posted btw. Especially that bright floral number with the cute polka dot shoes :love:

Sorry that's the best I could do with my IPhone but the flowers in the shoes are more of a bright pink than red, it's hard to tell there though.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a chunky bright pink necklace and bracelet to pull in some of the color from the shoes? If it's a fun/casual summer wedding
I think you can pull it off.

Not sure if this is the right style but you get my drift!

bright_pink.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Those shoes are great with that dress. I'd get a colourful purse to bring it all together. Choose a colour from the floral print :)

Eta: yes to colourful necklace too.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh don't worry about a purse keep the minimal in your DH's pockets. If you're like me you will have a drink and a plate in each hand or a plate and a utensil in each hand or you're dancing and making strange gestures with your hands.

I think wedges are great. I wore heels to an outdoor wedding ceremony and they sank into the grass. :-o

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanie, The dress looks great on you. I would probably wear nude shoes and a red clutch as Mom Happy suggested. If you are comfortable with the shoes then I definitely think you should go for it. Have a great time at the wedding.

P

PierreBear

I'm not a bold person but I really applaud those who can pull it off and are not worried about what other people think. So if you feel confident in wearing your beautiful dress and shoes, then go for it! Nothing is more "attractive" than being comfortable in how you look. I personally like to have just one focus, either the dress or the shoes. I think of it in terms of makeup where you hear that you should either do your eyes heavy or your lips but usually not both. Hope that helps and just have fun!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the dress looks really lovely on you! And wedges are smart if you are going to be on your feet all day / night :) For me, it is difficult to imagine how the dress would look with a different shoe option. Do you have any other shoes that you are considering? If so, please post :) Would love to see them with the dress also! :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1467044678|4048810 said:
I think the dress looks really lovely on you! And wedges are smart if you are going to be on your feet all day / night :) For me, it is difficult to imagine how the dress would look with a different shoe option. Do you have any other shoes that you are considering? If so, please post :) Would love to see them with the dress also! :)

Hi Scandinavian,

These at the moment are the only shoes I own that would be wedding appropriate (ish). I'm a SAHM so I mainly wear sneakers or flats. I think I'm just going to go for it and wear the wedges I posted. If I end up changing my mind though I will post other shoes for sure ;-)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1467045531|4048819 said:
Scandinavian|1467044678|4048810 said:

Hi Scandinavian,

These at the moment are the only shoes I own that would be wedding appropriate (ish). I'm a SAHM so I mainly wear sneakers or flats. I think I'm just going to go for it and wear the wedges I posted. If I end up changing my mind though I will post other shoes for sure ;-)

I'm sure you will look wonderful :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wedding was this weekend and it was really lovely. Port Jefferson is so pretty, has a very cozy village feel to it and would be a lovely weekend getaway if you have never been.

Thought I would share a snap of us from the wedding, I tried a side ponytail for the first time. Also a pic of the wedding party, really the only one that isn't copyrighted that I could use.

_5067.jpeg

_5066.jpeg

_1309.png

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
You looked very pretty and I'm glad to hear you had a good time =)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the outfit. You look very pretty and glad you had a good time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You look fabu! Loved your hair and outfit! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You looked lovely, and wore the best accessory of all - a beautiful smile!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results