shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some advice on this setting, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sphondyloid

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

This is my first post here, but I''ve been an avid reader for a while!

I''m looking for some opinions on a setting that I''m having reproduced. I''ve attached photos of the original ring. I''ve got a gorgeous OMC for the center stone, but I haven''t had much luck finding step-cut triangle stones to flank it. I''ve contacted multiple brokers and have thus far only found brilliant-cut triangles (step cuts, being less flashy, are now out of fashion, evidently). It''s possible that I could wait and hope a pair in the right size and color happen to turn up; but I''m tempted to go with straight-sided brilliant-cut triangles, which are readily available. My only concern is that I want the OMC to be the "star" of this ring; one of the reasons I like the setting I''ve picked is that the side stones are tiny and accentuate the center stone without competing with it.

I''d love to know what some of you think about using brilliants in this situation. Given that they''ll only be about 3.5 mm wide (roughly 1/2 the width of one side of the OMC), do you think their brilliance will compete with the subtle sparkle of the center stone? Any thoughts will be most welcome!

Thanks in advance...
1.gif

settingforOMC.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif
Hi!

I've seen some step cut side stones in the recent past at diamondsbylauren.com, along with many unusual side stones (yellows and pinks...). So, this store is a great source of all kinds of sides. It is worth droping an E-mail to Mr. Lauren. I strongly believe that you should not make a compromise on your ring. It is so beautilful a project!
1.gif

sphondyloid

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I just sent an email to Mr. Lauren-- hopefully he'll have some ideas.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results