shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some advice on finding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcu1276

Rough_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi jc,

Either of those would be beautiful, you really can''t go wrong here. I''d personally go for the higher color/lower clarity, IF it''s eyeclean. Need to ask!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol OK, you edited while I was posting!

Well, you''ve got two entirely different shapes here. I can''t tell you which one to get, that''s a personal choice.

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the quick reply. I just added the two princess because, I am also interested in that also. Any suggestions with the round vs. princess cut. I know that it will be a matter of opinions between the two cuts. I just want to know what everyones thoughts will be.
1.gif

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
gosh you are very quick. Its 4am and I''ve been reading late nights on pricescope for the past couple of months.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Well it''s 6 here, normal to be up.

Have you seen a Princess, and round in person? If not, I would make that a priority. They are different looks. A round has more sparkle, is timeless, and faces up larger than a Princess would of the same ct. weight.

Not discouraging you from the Princess, I happen to love squares, just trying to point out the differences. Also, some feel the Princess is more of a fad, and will eventuially go out of style, whereas the round won''t.

HTH!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the look of square diamonds. I just could not bring myself to buy a diamond that looked smaller than a diamond of the same carat weight in round. So I bought a round and put it in a squarish mounting! LOL

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
I second Ellen''s suggestion to view an RB and a Princess next to each other and see which one you (and your GF) like. They truly are two different looks.

I am a princess person myself, so I don''t know much about RBs. You can sort of see the inclusions on the JA stone, but that''s at x16 magnification. You should call to see if it''s eye-clean from 8-10 inches. The WF stone has a less than perfect IS image (symmetry is "good"), but it has a good ASET image so maybe perfect symmetry isn''t a big deal. It could be a sparkler.

However, for both stones, I note that the girdles are Thin-Thick or Med-Thick. I suspect these stones are hiding weight in the girdles b/c both face up less than an ideal 1.5 carat princess should (ideal dimensions should be 6.5 X 6.5, thus a spread of 42). The JA stone has a spread of 38.75 (6.25*6.2) and the WF stone has a spread of 39.3 (6.33*6.21). Princesses rarely face up what they should, but I think you can find stones that face up closer to a spread of 40+. You have a very nice budget (a little more than I do!) and I found a great stone, although it took a LOT of searching.

In addition to searching JA, WF, and GOG, I''d recommend hooking up with a trusted jeweler. I found my diamond through Quest and Pete found diamonds within my parameters at prices I couldn''t find online. Jewelers have their own connections and they may be able to find things you can''t.

Just my $.02 -- HTH!!

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the great tips. I will need to do more research. I have seen both stones in person. The wife to be likes the princess alot. I like the liveliness that the round emits. You are right Ellen, the round has more sparkle and is timeless, and also more $$
4.gif
. I always had the feeling that my GF likes the princess because it is a trendy cut.

Bunnifer,

Your advice is very true. I will make some time to the local diamond district. I need to find a trusted jeweler, like you said. I will take your recommended measurements into account when searching.

Regards,

JC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results