shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Solitare setting for Emerald cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KGenoa

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend recently purchased a beautiful emerald cut diamond from a local custom jeweler:

1.28 ct
depth: 63.6
table: 67
girdle: thin
polish, symmetry: VG
clarity: SI1
color: F
fluor: none
dim.: 7.34 x 5.63 x 3.58mm

Now to the problem: We have told the jeweler that we want a simple and elegant solitare setting that is high enough so that we can add a wedding band that can be worn by itself and he said that this would be very difficult to make and possibly not sturdy enough. Is this a bad idea?

He said he will charge us $700 for the setting (I also want a square shank) and I don''t know if I will get the beauty that I have seen on settings for rounds that I have recently seen pictured on the forum, i.e. the crown or x. Are these beautiful crown styles possible for an emerald cut?

I am almost ready to pick up my diamond and leave this jeweler! Please help
loopy.gif
with any pics or ideas!

P.S. Thank you, Mr. Altas for providing the specs on your website so we could compare stone quality!

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
This is my favorite. I'm having it replicated for a smaller radiant diamond. The website for more info is www.jcplatinum.com. It is a bit expensive and will run about $1000 in platinum, but you could have it done in white gold for probably half the cost.

2990jcooper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results