shape
carat
color
clarity

Need size 2.5 engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suedapooh

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m new to this forum. My fiance and I are looking for my ER but I''m only a size 2.5. Can any recommend a custom jeweler in the San Francisco area, or even better, a reputable online jeweler? My idea with be cushion center stone with several prong set small side diamonds with matching eternity wedding band.

thanks in advance!
12.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW size 2.5 lucky ducky
6.gif

Mark at engagement rings direct is known as the Cushion guy around here and I am fairly certain they do custom work. You might like to give him a call also a lot of people around here like the work of Leon Mege he might be worth a call as well

GL in your search

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the recommendation for Mark at ERD. As for custom work, Mark does custom settings as well, or Leon Mege is also another great designer.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 11:55:43 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I agree with the girls.. and.. 2.5, golly that''s my pinkie finger..
9.gif

That''s the TIP of my pinky finger. A half carat stone would look like a four carat!

suedapooh

Rough_Rock
You ladies are too funny!! Thanks for your advice and I will indeed contact Mark.

btw, how can I see pictures that compare 2ct and 3ct cushions? I''m toying with the idea of going bigger (since cushions are cut deeper than RB''s) but perhaps I''m being too greedy.
31.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Since pics are not to scale, and fancy cut stones vary so much, I suggest you find a few stones on the vendor sites (they''ll list measurements) then mark them out with a ruler to judge size. I also like to take existing jewelry I have to compare for size. I walked around with an earring on my hand for a week before I decided on my upgrade.
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
A 2ct cushion will face up at approximately 7.5mm whereas a 3ct cushion will face up at 8.25mm approx.

Here is a chart it is a PDF so you need acrobat to view it :) Actual Diamond Sizes :)

suedapooh

Rough_Rock
I am doing the "earring test" with a ~7mm CZ set and it''s very helpful! The pdf is great...and makes it pretty clear that a 3 ct cushion is probably way too blingy for someone my size (and likely doesn''t quite fit with my (life)style).

Thanks so much...I love this forum! The pictures of fabulous designs are my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results