shape
carat
color
clarity

Need recommendations on emerald cut diamond for east west pendant

JayneClaire

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing an emerald cut diamond which I would have set in a bezel for an east west pendant. I want this for daily wear (professional job - most days dressed nicely business casual). I want it to be apparent but not ostentatious and I’m having a very difficult time deciding which size is appropriate and photos I can find online don’t seem consistent in terms of how a 1c vs 2c etc appears. I know I want at least one carat and am really debating whether a 1.25 vs 1.5 vs 2-2.5 is best.

As a second related question, I want this to be well cut and am considering buying a lab stone from BGD to help with this. Is the premium charge justified for his EC in your opinion? Any thoughts or photos of a similar design?

Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use diamdb.com to compare the size of stones.

We have an excellent lab grown forum with knowledgeable Pricescopers here:

Folks on that forum know what to look out for specifically related to lab grown stones. If you are looking for input into lab grown diamonds this thread needs to be moved to the correct forum. This is the Earth grown forum. I will ask admin to move it.

Edit...not going to ask that it be moved because anyone can answer your first question. When you get down to having specific
questions about lab stones though you should post on the lab forum for help.

Personally, I think a 1 carat is nice but if you want it to show up more I would go for a 1.3 to 1.5. 2 carats may* be on the too
big side??? For an E/W emerald cut pendant, I would go for a longer thinner ratio vs. a shorter fatter emerald cut. I think it
would look more elegant around the neck. (my opinion...you get what you like).

Size difference between a 1 carat emerald shape and a 1.5 using diamdb.com. Note...diamdb.com usually defaults to the larger
size of the carat weight given so the actual stones you find at that weight may not be as big.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 083445.png

Last edited:

JayneClaire

Rough_Rock
You can use diamdb.com to compare the size of stones.

We have an excellent lab grown forum with knowledgeable Pricescopers here:

Folks on that forum know what to look out for specifically related to lab grown stones. If you are looking for input into lab grown diamonds this thread needs to be moved to the correct forum. This is the Earth grown forum. I will ask admin to move it.

Edit...not going to ask that it be moved because anyone can answer your first question. When you get down to having specific
questions about lab stones though you should post on the lab forum for help.

Personally, I think a 1 carat is nice but if you want it to show up more I would go for a 1.3 to 1.5. 2 carats may* be on the too
big side??? For an E/W emerald cut pendant, I would go for a longer thinner ratio vs. a shorter fatter emerald cut. I think it
would look more elegant around the neck. (my opinion...you get what you like).

Size difference between a 1 carat emerald shape and a 1.5 using diamdb.com. Note...diamdb.com usually defaults to the larger
size of the carat weight given so the actual stones you find at that weight may not be as big.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 083445.png

JayneClaire

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion on sizes. I am so sorry about the lab question being on the wrong forum. I’m pretty new here and my last purchase/question was about earth grown diamonds. I can edit to remove that portion if I can figure out how.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the suggestion on sizes. I am so sorry about the lab question being on the wrong forum. I’m pretty new here and my last purchase/question was about earth grown diamonds. I can edit to remove that portion if I can figure out how.

Just hit report concern and ask Admin to move it for you. Best of luck in finding the perfect stone for your project!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
I have a BGD emerald cut. Its a 2 ct e color. For me the premium was worth it. If he is cutting lab stones like his emerald mined stones I think you will love it. I would go for 2ct if I were you. See below.

A8E58426-269B-48C5-B933-B0EDD165AB27.png

JayneClaire

Rough_Rock
I have a BGD emerald cut. Its a 2 ct e color. For me the premium was worth it. If he is cutting lab stones like his emerald mined stones I think you will love it. I would go for 2ct if I were you. See below.

A8E58426-269B-48C5-B933-B0EDD165AB27.png

That is beautiful! Thank you for the suggestion. I agree, the premium takes away some of the unknown factors with buying online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results