shape
carat
color
clarity

need radiant advice asap!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinebud

Rough_Rock
I''m seriously considering buying this diamond and I''d love to get some feedback on it asap. It is a square radiant:

GIA report
.61 carat
G color
VS2 clarity
5.49 x 5.52 x 3.34
premium cut
table 59
depth 60.7
girdle TNSTK (??)
polish VG
symettry VG

Please let me know what you think!

1.gif

Pinebud

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pinebud,

Have you seen this diamond, and have you been able to compare it to others?

"Premium cut" is in the eye of the seller! In other words, there is no set standard to compare to, and as with a lot of the fancy cuts you have to see it to know if it looks good to you. TNSTK on the girdle means thin to slightly thick. The ideal would be in the thin to medium range, but do not necessarily rule this stone out just because of the slightly thick portion of the girdle. Can you get a copy of the GIA report? Have you checked out the plotting of the stone to see what kind of inclusions it has and where they are located? Will the seller run a sarin report for you?

Hope this helps. Good luck!

pinebud

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. Can you please tell me what a sarin report is?

I have not seen this stone, it would be an internet purchase. Do the proportions seem okay?

Thanks again....

Pinebud

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Pinebud,

The sarin report will give you the crown angle, height, and pavillion angle and depth. These are numbers you cannot get from a GIA report. You can use these numbers to plug into the fancy cut evaluator on gemappaisers.com for example, to evaluate the cut. I must caution you though, because the standards on radiant cuts can be all over the place, you will want to evaluate the stone yourself visually. In fact I think it is imperative to visually evaluate the stone and hopefully compare it to others as well.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results