shape
carat
color
clarity

Need quick opinions on this diamond in the setting - should I keep or return?

calico

Rough_Rock
Please help me decide whether to keep or return this ring! I made an impulsive decision to go with this diamond and put it in a setting based solely on the cert and video of the diamond which I know was not the smartest choice but it’s done and I can return no questions asked.

I picked a bright- balanced nonbranded H&A per the cert and it is very bright and white, I love that! My eyes saw crazy sparkle in the sun despite what may be less fire.

The thing is the numbers are ideal but on the ends of this forums preferred ranges and that’s messing with my mind and I don’t trust my eyes. I can’t tell if in the center it looks like it’s leaking light or it’s obstruction or clustering? I need an opinions to validate whether to keep or not, please and thank you!

Would more pictures be helpful? Different angles?

IMG_5983.jpeg IMG_5983.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5984.jpeg
    IMG_5984.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 21

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we see the cert?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Based on the video and your pictures, I'm inclined to say that it's a bit of leakage under the table.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Please help me decide whether to keep or return this ring! I made an impulsive decision to go with this diamond and put it in a setting based solely on the cert and video of the diamond which I know was not the smartest choice but it’s done and I can return no questions asked.

I picked a bright- balanced nonbranded H&A per the cert and it is very bright and white, I love that! My eyes saw crazy sparkle in the sun despite what may be less fire.

The thing is the numbers are ideal but on the ends of this forums preferred ranges and that’s messing with my mind and I don’t trust my eyes. I can’t tell if in the center it looks like it’s leaking light or it’s obstruction or clustering? I need an opinions to validate whether to keep or not, please and thank you!

Would more pictures be helpful? Different angles?

IMG_5983.jpeg IMG_5983.jpeg

It looks plenty nice to me. I can scrutinize any diamond I see and find -something- I don't like (including the 5 diamonds in my collection and including yours). But nobody else has anything but positive to say about them. If the price is right and there's nothing you abundantly dislike, I wouldn't rush to return.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It looks plenty nice to me. I can scrutinize any diamond I see and find -something- I don't like (including the 5 diamonds in my collection and including yours). But nobody else has anything but positive to say about them. If the price is right and there's nothing you abundantly dislike, I wouldn't rush to return.

I should clarify that I think there's some leakage, but it also looks nice in your pics. So depending on the price and how nitpicky you wsnt to be, it m8ght be perfectly fine

I agree with both musicloveranthony and lovedogs...if you want extreme nitpicky perfect, then return this one and keep shopping. If you want a diamond that is still better than a vast majority out there, then you are good to go.

calico

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the perspective! I need to hear it. I know its not perfect and it was decently priced for it’s cut, size and method from others that are cvd where I can see the strain lines pretty easily. This one does face up very bright and I had to make an effort to position it to capture just a little of the dark arrows that aren’t as pronounced at a glance. I just don’t know whether I want to keep hunting for marginally better numbers and be patient or keep this and appreciate it even with an area of weaker light return?

Is there currently a 3.1ct, super ideal cut, hpht, h&a for $2100 or less?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the perspective! I need to hear it. I know its not perfect and it was decently priced for it’s cut, size and method from others that are cvd where I can see the strain lines pretty easily. This one does face up very bright and I had to make an effort to position it to capture just a little of the dark arrows that aren’t as pronounced at a glance. I just don’t know whether I want to keep hunting for marginally better numbers and be patient or keep this and appreciate it even with an area of weaker light return?

Is there currently a 3.1ct, super ideal cut, hpht, h&a for $2100 or less?

Not quite 3.1, but there's this fiery beast:

Stand-alone video:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not quite 3.1, but there's this fiery beast:

Stand-alone video:

Omggggg I love this

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@calico First, I think your current ring is *lovely.* I also love the stone @DejaWiz posted.

When I compare your original video with the suggested stone, I don’t see a ton of difference. Granted, the lighting is different and I have eyes closer to that of a general consumer.

You can’t go wrong either way, imho. Keep the lovely stone you have or try another incredible @DejaWiz find. Whatever you do, enjoy your diamond journey!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results