shape
carat
color
clarity

need quick answer on measurements and meaning of HCA scale for this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
The diamond I am considering is:

1.51 carat
G color
VS 1
Depth 59.6%
Table 57.1%
Crown Angle: 30
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Cutlet %: .6
Girdle: 1.7% (medium)

I am doing my best to find the ideal (in terms of value and quality) diamond online. The HCA for this diamond comes back .9, which is obviously very good.

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Very Good
Spread or diameter for weight Excellent

I am a little concerned about only a VG for scintillation. This is sparkle, no? Is this a noticeable difference? The crown is obviously a bit low, which I assume is causing this "problem." All in all, this is a wonderful diamond, I know -- and I am obviously not looking for a flawless diamond, etc. But I want a perfect cut or at least a cut that is indistiguishable (to the naked eye) from a perfect cut. Sparkle and brilliance of diamond seem most important. Any thoughts?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
. :)

Keep in mind this model is for a stone with ideal symmetry.

The stone is bright but the contrast is not too great hence less scintillation.[/u][/u]

Attachments

• golfer.gem
    1.3 KB · Views: 54

golfer

Shiny_Rock
Leonid thanks for taking the time to run this. I can't seem to get Gem Adviser to work but I should be able to figure it out tonight at my home computer.

Would your advice be then to avoid this diamond and search for one with better #'s? I am tempted by this because the price is good and the HCA score is .9, but if the sparkle (scintillation) is not ideal, then perhaps I should look elsewhere.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I cannot give you any advice, Golfer :) I'm just trying to give you more food for thoughts.

According to traditional point of view this stone is not "ideal". On the other hand, it should be very bright and thus can be a good value for your $$ because you don't have to pay premium for traditionally "ideal" cut.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
One more thing.

If you'll be able to run GemAdviser, open two or more instances of the program and play animation for this and ideal cut (34.5 crown and 40.75 pavilion) stone, which comes with the program.

You should be able to see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results