shape
carat
color
clarity

Need PSer''s Help/Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wallycat2

Rough_Rock
Ok - ring purchased. Blessing from parents received. Plans all set for proposal. I had planned to do it very soon, on a special day for us. What I didn''t plan for is a "minor" medical issue that has led my GF''s left hand to be swollen/black and blue. Her arm is also in a wrap. It likely won''t be healed before the day arrives. Should I scrap my plans and wait? She has no idea about anything. Advice?

KatM

Shiny_Rock
That sucks that her arm is injured, but if it''s planned on a day that''s special to the two of you I wouldnt change your plans...at least that would be my preference.

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Aww, I''m so sorry to hear about your FF arm and hand
7.gif
However........ I do think that if the day you were planning on proposing is special to the 2 of you, then I would still go with your plans. I also think it will make your girlfriend feel better about her arm being wrapped up and hand swollen, I know I would feel much better!
1.gif
If she has to wait to wear the actual ring for her hand to heal, thats ok. She will have something to look forward to and you made her feel very special.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I would follow through as planned. She may heal in time, but if not, it''ll certainly be memorable and unexpected! And Tabu is right, it''ll give her something to look forward to! Come back and let us know what you decide!

Wallycat2

Rough_Rock

I appreciate the responses and I decided today would be the day since it is our special day. Unfortunately Im in the NE and we got a major snow storm yesterday. I cut it close with having the ring shipped. It arrived Friday morning but I couldn''t get to the Fed Ex after work because of the snow, when I finally got close enough to the Fed Ex station, several roads were closed with construction problems and detours. With all the snow, traffic, and road closings, I couldn''t find it before they closed. Doesn''t help that that particular Fed Ex is closed today which Is why I was scrambling last night. My phone also died during all this. One of the worst days I can remember. Then I had to lie to my FF about what took me so long to get home, and we had tickets last night to see a comedian and missed half the performance. Unfortunately I have to scrap my proposal plans for today. She had to work today and I drove her to the other side of town this morning, the weather is so bad that I might not even see her tonight anyways. I probably couldn''t be any more dissapointed about this. I think I will feel better once I actually pick up the ring Monday. But at this point im drained and just want to bring her with me and go, here, this is what ive been all stressed about lately.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Wally, I''m so sorry to hear all of that! Be safe, though. I''m sure however,whenever you decide to propose next will be so special. She''ll really appreciate all of the effort you''ve gone through later on and maybe some of this madness is something you''ll look back on and laugh about. Until then, take it easy on the roads and best wishes!

P.S. My brother told me that the scariest thing he ever had to do in his life was propose to his wife even though he knew what her answer would be. Someday, your GF will understand what you''re going through and she will be so moved! Keep us posted!

Yippee

Rough_Rock
WallyCat,
So...did you pick up the ring on Monday...any news!?!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also curious for an update! I think it''s absolutely adorable that you''re considering her black and blue hand, and I agree with the above posters that a ring might make her forget about her hand being injured!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Please update....can''t wait to hear how this story progresses!

Wallycat2

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delay in responding!

I did get the ring on Monday, and was very pleased. Decided to wait a big longer to propose. I decided I would propose later this month. Her wrist is still healing. She''s down to just a splint now and most of the swelling is gone so that is a good thing!

I have another posting in Rocky Talky currently, as today I took the ring to an independent appraisal and unfortunately he seems to think the color is off on the AGS cert. I am concerned about this and hope to get it resolved quickly.

It was pretty hysterical last Saturday when I picked her up on our Anniversary. Her mom (who I had warned I was probably going to propose on that day) kept trying to get her to cut her cast so her fingers would be more free. She was trying to help me out I guess! My girlfriend actually had no clue the real reason but pointed out "my Moms been bugging me all day about the cast". I am glad I waited though. It will all work out in the end.

I will keep you guys posted..thanks!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Totally still go for it. Maybe she can wear it temporarily on her right hand to show it off. I'm sorry for her injury and hope she heals up soon!
28.gif

ETA: ok, so I'm a little slow on the uptake. Sorry. Please ignore my response.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results