shape
carat
color
clarity

Need professional help!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emirandme

Rough_Rock
We are buying a diamond in about a week, have a very limited budget and would appreciate some direction. We are hoping to find a diamond about 1.25-1.50 for about $8,000. What cut proportions should we be looking for?

Thanks!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What shape are you looking for?? Read the tutorial here on cut, it''s very helpful. Are you looking to buy online??

emirandme

Rough_Rock
We are looking for a round diamond and are hoping to find it online. I did look at the tutorial and it did help but I am stuck when it comes to cut proportions.

Thanks!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a lot to take into account when you buy a diamond. If you have time there are some tutorials at the top of this page (under knowledge).

You didn''t say what shape diamond you are looking for so I looked for Round Brilliants to start off.

I came up with this one....

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-179753.htm

You would need to call them to ask if it is eyeclean (no visible inclusions) as its an SI1 clarity. It looks good though and its within your price range. I am sure a lot more people will come along and help too
1.gif

If you try looking at the search tool at the top of the page you can put in different criteria and see what it comes up with.

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
i like this one from USA certed diamonds...
sorry i don''t know how to put the link here, the info is as such
1.38ct H colour VS2 61.7% 55% GIA cert 7.13x7.19x4.42 $7719*
Just do a search with your criteria and budget here on pricescope and you''ll get lots of choices! Enjoy your search

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

Take a look at the diamond diagram on the GIA report of the one Ellen posted. Note the proportions of it - depth, table, crown angle, pavillion angle and girdle measurement. These are the proportions of a beautifully cut diamond, there are variances allowable, but in all a great template to use as a point of reference. Look at Maisie's diamond too, that also has great ' numbers.'

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results