shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''m trying to decide to get a feel for which of these choices would go off the best, since I have to choose one or the other for the first two courses. Can you please tell me which of the first and course choices you''d order if you got to choose?

First Course

Pretzel Crusted Crab Cake with Mango/Poppy Seed Honey
OR
Beef Carpaccio with Marinated Artichokes, Pickled Onions, Arugula, Ricotta Salata

And then

Second Course

Caesar Salad with Lemon/Anchovy/Croutons
OR
Cream of Lobster Soup with White Asparagus/Balsamic vinegar & Beet-Creme Fraiche

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 10:48:48 PM
Author:FrekeChild
Ok, I'm trying to decide to get a feel for which of these choices would go off the best, since I have to choose one or the other for the first two courses. Can you please tell me which of the first and course choices you'd order if you got to choose?

First Course

OR

Beef Carpaccio with Marinated Artichokes, Pickled Onions, Arugula, Ricotta Salata

And then

Second Course

OR

Cream of Lobster Soup with White Asparagus/Balsamic vinegar & Beet-Creme Fraiche

for me, i'd go w/Pretzel Crusted Crab Cake with Mango/Poppy Seed Honey and Caesar Salad with Lemon/Anchovy/Croutons

ETA: i don't think you could go wrong w/any of it--sounds delish!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm trying to decide to get a feel for which of these choices would go off the best, since I have to choose one or the other for the first two courses. Can you please tell me which of the first and course choices you'd order if you got to choose?

First Course

OR

And then

Second Course

OR
Ok, this is very hard for me to choose freke - all sound great! However, if I got to choose, I would pick the carpaccio and then the soup.

My FI, however, has shellfish allergies, so that would throw a wrench in it for me - any shellfish issues with your guests?

ETA: I swear i didn't just vote entirely against lulu on purpose!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. As far as I know, no shellfish issues. If anything, we just have really picky eaters! The pickiest one is 15 and gets a cheeseburger.
3.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 10:53:32 PM
Author: violet3

ETA: I swear i didn''t just vote entirely against lulu on purpose!
9.gif

i think that just goes to show, any of the choices would be wonderful!! are you leaning towards something, freke?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Yum! They all sound good. The only thing *I* would do is not compound seafood and seafood, so if you did the crab cakes, I wouldn't do the lobster soup. I think the carpaccio and soup would be my ideal combo, but that might just be because I'm craving carpaccio after reading this post lolol. Oh, do you know what the other courses will be yet? That would also impact my decision. The more variety the better I think. For example, if the main course is a beef dish, I wouldn't do carpaccio.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I know the sweet/savory thing is really in right now, but I am not a fan. So, I would order with the carpaccio. And, then it leaves the second course open for the lobster soup which sounds the best to me of the whole lot.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am leaning towards picking the crab cakes and the caesar because I feel like they are safer choices. If I had to pick (just basing this on myself) I''d go with the carpaccio and the lobster bisque.

The rest of the menu looks something like this:

Entrée Course – guest’s selection of
Grilled Beef Tenderloin
Cauliflower Puree/Springs Onions/Whipped Potatoes/Red Wine Sauce
OR
Seared Halibut
Seasonal Peas, Carrots, Wild Mushrooms & Mint
OR
Roasted “Red Bank” Chicken
Potato Puree/Maple Smoked Bacon/Wild Mushroom Madeira-jus

And we''re planning on getting sides of: green beans, grilled asparagus and french fries as well

Then again, I could go an entirely different route and create my own menu from their choices....perhaps I''ll post that in a post after this one...

Oh, and the dessert course is awaiting some questions being answered.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the beef carpaccio and soup, and FI says the crabcakes and soup. Caesar salad is tasty (especially with extra anchovies--yum!), but you can have it anytime, whereas the soup is special, you know?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Create my own menu....

I''d probably do the 5 course menu and instead of 5 courses, ask to sub a course in for another entree choice. Because I like the idea of three entree choices.

Anyway, it''d be one of these two
Four Course Menu with Choice of 2 Entrees
Five Course Menu with Choice of 2 Entrees (sub in an entree choice for a course, so it''d be a Four course Menu with a choice of 3 entrees)

Appetizers:
-Chef’s Special of the Day (Example) Lobster Scramble “Ostrich Style” American Caviar (up charge may apply)
-Pretzel Crusted Crab Cake/Mango Poppy Seed/Honey
-Day Boat Sea Scallop Benedict/Chorizo Oil/Lobster Foam
-Thai Chicken Dumplings/Cilantro/Soy-Ginger/Spicy Chili Aioli
-Crisp & Angry Lobster Cocktail/Crispy Basil /Lemon ($8.00 up charge)
-Beef Carpaccio/Marinated Artichokes/Pickled Onions/Arugula/Ricotta Salata
-Grilled Octopus/Giant White Beans/Grilled Frisee/Capers/Saffron Aioli
-Goat Cheese Agnolotti/Crispy Chicken “Oysters”/Arugula/Wild Mushrooms/Parmigiano Butter

Soups and Salads:
-Cream of Lobster Soup/White Asparagus/Balsamic Beet Crème Fraiche
-French Onion Soup/Sweet Onions/Majoram/Swiss Cheese/Ciabatta
-Caesar Salad/Lemon Anchovy/Croutons
-Organic Market Salad/Walnuts/Asian Pears/Crispy Shallots/Aged Goat Cheese/Tear Drop Tomatoes
-Lobster “BLT” Salad/Avocado/Lobster Dressing
-DB Wedge/Iceberg Lettuce/Heirloom Tomatoes/Maytag Blue Cheese/ Smoked Bacon/1000 Island Dressing

Meat and Poultry:
-Roasted “Red Bank“ Chicken/Potato Puree/Maple Smoked Bacon/Wild Mushroom Madeira Jus/Quail Eggs
-Braised Beef Short Ribs/Corn Lobster Risotto/Black Truffle Mousse
-Bronx Style Filet Mignon of Veal/Creamy Mascarpone Polenta/Cipollini Onions/ Tarragon Jus (up charge $10.00)
-Steak N Surf/8oz Filet/Scampi Style Grilled Prawns/White Truffle Cream Red Wine Sauce (up charge $15.00)
-Dry Aged Bone-In New York Strip/Gorgonzola Creamed Spinach/Crispy Shallots/Red Wine Sauce (up charge $5.00)

Fish:
-Stuffed Maine Lobster/Orzo & Vegetable Stuffing/Lemon/Asparagus (up charge $15.00)
-Wild Striped Sea Bass/Nicoise Relish/Basil/Olive Sauce/Tempura Squash Blossom
-Seared John Dory /White Asparagus/Truffles/Endive-Radish Salad/Spiced Red Wine Lobster Reduction
-Tasmanian Sea Trout/Beets/Cipollini Onions/Pistachio/Balsamic/ Horseradish Foam
-Grilled Swordfish “Rossini” /Foie Gras/Confit Apples/Sunchoke Puree/Spinach/Truffle Madeira Sauce
-Roasted Halibut /Seasonal Peas/Carrots/Wild Mushrooms/Mint
-Stuffed Maine Lobster/Orzo & Vegetable Stuffing/Lemon/Asparagus (up charge ($15.00)

Dessert:
-American Cheese Cart/Selections of the Finest American Creameries (up charge $3.00)
-“Egg” Streme Chocolate/Carmel Milk Chocolate & Vanilla Cream/Fudge Brownie/Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
-Maple Crème Brulee/Cinnamon French Toast/Green Apple Sorbet
-Sweet Sliders/Lemon/Chocolate/Berry Profiteroles
-Winter Alaska/Grand Marnier Ice Cream/Mandarin Orange Sorbet/Pistachio Cake
-Warm Apple Tart/Vanilla Ice Cream/Almond Brittle/Cider Caramel
-David Burke’s Cheese Cake Lollipop Tree/Bubble Gum Whipped Cream (Up Charge $6.00 per person)
-Assorted Petits Fours
-House Ice Creams and Sorbets/Vanilla/Coffee/Dark Chocolate/Lychee/Mango/Granny Smith Apple

Suggestions?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
In that case, I vote for Goat Cheese Agnolotti for the first course with Cream of Lobster Soup for the second course. Nom nom nom.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! there are so many choices I would pick off that selection list freke - how ever willl you choose?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Violet---I have NO IDEA.

But I think that the Red Bank chix is here to stay because it''s about as safe as it gets...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 12:59:40 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Violet---I have NO IDEA.

But I think that the Red Bank chix is here to stay because it''s about as safe as it gets...
good point lady. I also second your idea of the crab cake and ceasar as being the safer choice from above, even though i picked the opposite!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so just making up the menu (from the create your own as well as the first entree choices above), this is probably what I''d get:

First course:
-Goat Cheese Agnolotti/Crispy Chicken “Oysters”/Arugula/Wild Mushrooms/Parmigiano Butter

-Organic Market -Salad/Walnuts/Asian Pears/Crispy Shallots/Aged Goat Cheese/Tear Drop Tomatoes
OR

Roasted “Red Bank“ -Chicken/Potato Puree/Maple Smoked Bacon/Wild Mushroom Madeira Jus/Quail Eggs
AND
AND
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Cauliflower Puree/Springs Onions/Whipped Potatoes/Red Wine Sauce

AND
-David Burke’s Cheese Cake Lollipop Tree/Bubble Gum Whipped Cream (Up Charge $6.00 per person)
-plus cake

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I like the crab cake and soup.
1.gif

ETA: Can I come to your wedding please? That menu sounds so delicious!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be safer to go with the crab cakes and caesar salad however I personally love the sound of the soup. I don''t think you can go wrong with any of it though-sounds delicious.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 1:23:08 AM
Author: cindygenit
I like the crab cake and soup.
1.gif

ETA: Can I come to your wedding please? That menu sounds so delicious!
ME, TOO!!!!!
30.gif

Lori

4ever

Ideal_Rock
From the first choice I''d go crab cakes and soup.

Date: 10/15/2009 1:22:17 AM
Ok, so just making up the menu (from the create your own as well as the first entree choices above), this is probably what I''d get:

First course:

-Organic Market -Salad/Walnuts/Asian Pears/Crispy Shallots/Aged Goat Cheese/Tear Drop Tomatoes
OR

Roasted “Red Bank“ -Chicken/Potato Puree/Maple Smoked Bacon/Wild Mushroom Madeira Jus/Quail Eggs
AND
AND
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Cauliflower Puree/Springs Onions/Whipped Potatoes/Red Wine Sauce

AND
-plus cake
But this just sounds really gooooood!
18.gif
Your making my hungry!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I gotta go with the Pretzel Crusted Crab Cake with Mango/Poppy Seed Honey and Cream of Lobster Soup with White Asparagus/Balsamic vinegar & Beet-Creme Fraiche.
Man, if first courses sound this delicious, I can''t even imagine how the meal will be!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
YUM. i''ll have one of everything please...and I''ll have two of the crabcakes because they sounds sooo good.

seriously, what''s not to love on this menu? you can''t go wrong.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with the crab cakes and the salad only because a lot of my friends and family are kind of freaked out by beef carpaccio, then the salad just because you probably don''t want to seafood courses in a row. If you know that most of your guests are comfortable with the carpaccio, then I would go with that and the lobster bisque because the carpaccio sounds like it comes with a salad-y type of garnish.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I would have an incredibly hard time deciding!!

I think because you have picky eaters, I would go with something simple. For the apps, I'd do the goat cheese agnolotti. For the soup/salad, I'd do the organic market salad (I want some of that RIGHT NOW!!!). But personally, from the small selection you posted (not the full selection), I would do crab cake followed by lobster soup.

Seriously though, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The only thing to consider are a) your favourites and b)how picky are your guests.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 1:22:17 AM

First course:

OR

AND

AND

AND

-plus cake

LOL, Freke--you and I have similar taste.
3.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 10:52:12 PM
Author: lulu66

for me, i''d go w/Pretzel Crusted Crab Cake with Mango/Poppy Seed Honey and Caesar Salad with Lemon/Anchovy/Croutons
Me too! MMMMMMM

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the crab cakes followed by the soup. My thinking: carpaccio isn''t for everyone, being raw and all, but everyone loves crab cakes! And for the second course, I think a ceasar salad is just too ordinary so I would do the soup, which actually has a lot of nice touches to make it not ordinary. If two seafood courses is too many in a row, I would switch out the crab for the carpaccio.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hang on, what is an angry lobster cocktail? Can I get one of those?
3.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Agh, too hard to decide! Although I do think that if you go with a salad, you should see if you could sub in the Organic Market Salad instead of Caesar -- I think it sounds a bit more special. Otherwise...well, it''s almost lunchtime and I''m starving, so I''ll take one of each
9.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yum! I need to check this place out next time I am in Vegas!!

From the first options, I would go carpaccio and soup - the carpaccio presentation sounds a bit "salad like," so I wouldn''t do salad/salad.

From the menu, I''m all about anything with goat cheese - also, I bet you could do a soup OR salad for this small of a group. I do a lot of functions at restaurants like this and there usually isn''t an upcharge if I want to add a choice vs. sticking with one, but everywhere is different.

Seriously...I am drooling!!!!

First Course

Second Course
OR
-Caesar Salad/Lemon Anchovy/Croutons

Third Course
-Braised Beef Short Ribs/Corn Lobster Risotto/Black Truffle Mousse (OMG Yummo!!! I be this dish is rich and melts in your mouth!!)
OR
-Grilled Swordfish “Rossini” /Foie Gras/Confit Apples/Sunchoke Puree/Spinach/Truffle Madeira Sauce (Just sounds REALLY interesting and yummy!!)
OR
-Roasted Halibut /Seasonal Peas/Carrots/Wild Mushrooms/Mint (I''d keep this one in at the "safe" option)

And, of course, you have to do the cheese cake lollipops...too fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results