shape
carat
color
clarity

need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Today I noticed that I can move my e-ring stone ever so slightly in it''s setting. It does not move enough for me to see it move but I can move it back and forth a teeny tiny bit. I have taken my ring to the jeweler once before for this, and was just there Thursday because I think a prong is off. Looking at it today, the prong still looks off, but he assured me it was fine. I feel like a loon going in there again but am afraid there is something wrong.

Should I go in again? Should I take it to another jeweler even though the setting did not come from there? (but I have taken other jewelry pieces there). Or am I crazy? Thanks in advance for your advice.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you DEFINITELY feel some movement, then you are not crazy.

Take it to your other jeweler and have it looked at again, and see what he says. If you are mistaken about the prong and the stone being loose, Im sure he will tell you and you can be assured that all is well.

Good luck!

kjt

Rough_Rock
This has happened to be TWICE before. I have a princess solitaire and it clicked back and forth, like a loose tooth.
I took it back to my jeweler and she added some more metal into the prongs so that there is no gap between the diamond and the prongs. It''s worked and I havent had any trouble with it the past 2 years.

Hope it works out for you!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies-I am going to take it to the jeweler it came from tomorrow and see what he can do. I am going to ask him if he thinks the prongs can be remade. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results