shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gem Lover

Rough_Rock
Ok, so with all the AC stone purchases I of course had to check out the site again. I''ve been wanting a purple spinel since purchasing my blue spinal from Dan Stair. ACS has a trillion purple spinel that looks just beautiful but I''m afraid it will look too much like an amethyst. I''ve attached a picture. Please tell me what you think. Thanks in advance!

Jess

SP-3891Btn.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think people will think it looks like an amethyst.... but they will think that no matter what kind of stone it is if it is purple. if you can deal with that and you love the stone, there is no reason not to get it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The difference between a spinel and an amethyst is that the spinel is not only a harder stone but it is more dispersive. You will see the spinel flash pinks, blues, oranges, and a whole slew of other colours. With an amethyst, you''ll only get purple unless you get the Siberian type which also flashes blue and red.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture is small and it''s hard for me to get a good look at it. IF you like the color then go for it.

What Chrono had to say was very interesting. So if someone really looked at it closely they would see that it''s obviously not an amethyst. But most people would assume from the color that it is an amythest. If that bothers you keep looking.

Gem Lover

Rough_Rock
Great points everyone. Thanks.

Jess

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Gem Lover... I have a purple spinel cut by Dan Stair. Here is a link to some photos. Scroll down.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-stones/loose-stone-eye-candy-t65428-60.html

It is full of sparkle. At first it appears like a dark purple. Then the light hits it and wham, sparkle city. There are flashes of white, orange and royal blue within the overall purple which is the tone of Dimetapp. I think that this quality separate spinel from amethyst. Spinel is also more durable.

I think the purple spinel trillion would be gorgeous!

Gem Lover

Rough_Rock
Thank you Joolskie. Your spinel is gorgeous! Dan does such beautiful work.

I went ahead and bought the trillion. I had it express shipped because
i''m going out of town on Sun. and don''t want it sitting around. Can''t wait to see it and compare it to some amethyst
i''ve got. This place is dangerous for my bank account and I can''t believe how contagious gem buying can be
emteeth.gif

Jess

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Can''t wait to find out what you think of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results