shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeepgirl6

Rough_Rock
I met with a jeweler today and he showed me an EGL-USA certified stone that I really liked with the following data:

3.62 carat - J - SI1 - 60 Depth - 59 Table - no culet or fluor - VG - VG

Measurements of 9.86 x 9.92 x (and I cannot even read my own scribble for the last dimension!)

We looked at it outside in the bright sunlight and it was beautiful. He is asking $27,500.
My beloved is VERY leery of purchasing online, therefore I was hoping those of you with experience from this site could give me an educated opinion.

Thank you!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful! I have heard somestime EGL can be off but that EGL USA is much better. Is the stone online or at a local shop? Is the stone currently set or unset...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
59% table is a little larger than I would like. It''s difficult to accurently give an opinion about the stone without crown/pavillion angles or an IS image.

jeepgirl6

Rough_Rock
He''s local. The stone is currently not in a setting.
He has also said he will not charge tax on the purchase, since he is aware that I was shopping online also.

I know it doesn''t have to be "perfect", just perfect for me! :)

I just want to believe he is being fair to me along with making his profit.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi jeepgirl6 and welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

Thanks for sharing the info on the stone. Kcourselle brought up a good point that it''s hard for us to comment on the stone without more proportion info. $27,500 is a TON of money and you are wise to be cautious about the stone you choose.

I think your best bet is to find a reputable appraiser in your area who can look at the stone and give you an independent opinion. It will minimize your risk and put your mind at ease, one way or the other.

If you click on "Resources" and "Appraisers" in the toolbar above you will link to this PAGE. There are other folks out there I''m sure, but this is a good place to start. Good luck!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Based on the information provided on this stone:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-71007.htm

And the measurements you gave,............ The diamond you are considering is hiding weight somewhere. The 3.29 ct wt at White Flash has a similar diameter to the 3.62 you looked at.

Is that an EGL USA Certificate?? Those are much more reliable than a foreign EGL Lab Cert. Your diamond may not be a true J or a true SI1. If the color and/or clarity are actually lower, as determined by a strict grading system, that could make a huge price difference. Especially in this size of stone.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
id be suspicious the extra money a gia cert will bring on a 3+ct over any egl is a no brainer if everything is on the up and up with the stone.
Who would send it to EGL?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results