shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on what to do with orig. wedding set...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to figure out what to do w/my original wedding set. It was a small Marquise solitaire, with 2 small channel-set bands on each side, soldered together.
It was originally YG, then I had it rhodium-plated. Recently, I had the rings separated and am trying to figure out what to do w/them.
The stone was never certed, and my guess is that it is like, .30 ct. The channel-set stones on the bands are so small, I'm not even sure that I should even include those.
Of course 8 years ago, that set meant the world to me! But DH always said I should upgrade, so I did
31.gif

I do have a 5-year-old daughter that I would like to give these to (eventually), but am looking for ideas as far as maybe having at least the Marquise reset into something else?
Here is the Marquise alone (VERY magnified):

lilmarq.jpeg

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
And here they are, together:
Thanks in advance for any opinions
9.gif

Kat

lilset.jpeg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''d probably look into making a rhr with the marquise set east-west. I think that look is nice and I''ve seen a few rings like it here on ps somewhere, can''t remember where at the moment. You could set it as a pendant, as well, but I''m not crazy about marquise pendants so I''d go for the ring if it was me.
I''d like to see your upgrade if you post a pic?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I have a marquise that is about the same size that I wore for 14 years. I am considering having it set into this Beverley K pendant:

BK_ButterflyPendant.jpg

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Okey dokey...
Here is a side view, it's a 1 carat Marquise, H-SI1 with a channel setting in WG, and the w-band is a bead-set eternity band, .50 cts., also in WG.
Excuse the red marks on my hand, I burned it pulling a Pecan Pie out of the oven @ Thanksgiving
29.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, BTW!

Kat

upgrade1.jpeg.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Well, yours is a lot larger than mine! How about a pendant with a diamond halo? That would look so pretty!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:01:04 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Well, yours is a lot larger than mine! How about a pendant with a diamond halo? That would look so pretty!
Wait, that last pic was of the upgrade, not the original. The original was like, .30 ct.
I like that pendant you posted...

Kat

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of setting it east west with a gorgeous bezel or halo. What a fun project
35.gif

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input, all!
East-west with halo is sounding pretty good to me...now I just have to figure out who can do this for me, if I''m not buying the stone from them...

Kat

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not very good at designing with marquise diamonds. I''d wonder if you could get some kind of colored stones (birthstone maybe?) to go with it and make a ring? Hmm. . .I''ll have to look at marquise rings and see if I can come up with an idea.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, HB!
21.gif

Kat

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d set it as an E/W set halo bezel pendant with the stones from the bands as the halo.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 2:39:52 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I''d set it as an E/W set halo bezel pendant with the stones from the bands as the halo.
That is a great idea...I wonder where I could get that done, any ideas?

Kat

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 2:54:10 PM
Author: got2goldens

That is a great idea...I wonder where I could get that done, any ideas?

Kat
Whiteflash would do a great job on this!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this idea as well, it sounds like it would be a beautiful pendant.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you planning on wearing your original ering in the reset, or are you planning on putting it away to give to your daughter one day.

If you aren''t planning on wearing it, I would leave it exactly as it is right now. I think there is something really sweet and romantic about having the *exact* ring that your mom wore when she was first married, and I imagine your daughter might feel the same.

If you''re planning on wearing it as a RHR, then by all means reset that baby and get some good wear out of it!

Gorgeous upgrade and original set!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is how I would reset it too. Maybe make the chain DBTY look too. Would be so pretty!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your replies.
I have a lot to think about now! (what a terrible problem to have, huh???)
31.gif

Thanks again!

Kat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results