shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this diamond

littlegalaxy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am currently shopping around for a diamond for an engagement ring. I found this one and wondering if it's well cut. Thank you so much in advance.

GIA grading:

Carat: 1.14
Color: F
Clarity: IF
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Depth: 60.6%
Table: 59%
Crown Angle: 34
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

HCA score: 1.4

ASET Image
aset_image_0.jpg

IS Image
idealscope_image_1.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks nice to me, but I personally would rather have a larger stone with a lower clarity. Maybe VS1 or VS2. Also take a look at stones with smaller tables. I like <57%. This one you listed will have a 60/60 look. Which is nice, but it is all up to personal preference.
Good luck on your search! Have fun with it, it is an exciting time!

littlegalaxy

Rough_Rock
hearts-arrows_girl|1458856278|4010558 said:
Looks nice to me, but I personally would rather have a larger stone with a lower clarity. Maybe VS1 or VS2. Also take a look at stones with smaller tables. I like <57%. This one you listed will have a 60/60 look. Which is nice, but it is all up to personal preference.
Good luck on your search! Have fun with it, it is an exciting time!

Thank you so much for the response.

Are there any RB stones you would recommend? My budget is about $11k.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

littlegalaxy

Rough_Rock
I tried to look for some larger stones with lower clarity and came across these two. What do you guys think?

Carat Weight: 1.41 carat
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VS1
Cut Grade : Excellent

Depth: 61.2%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35
Pavilion Angle: 40.6

aset_image_1.jpg
real_image_1.jpg

Carat Weight: 1.44 carat
Clarity Grade: VS1
Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 61.7%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 35.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.6

aset_image_2.jpg real_image_2.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 is bad. Look at the white ring under the table (light leakage)
#2 is promising. But you need the actual IS/ASET. The ASET image is computer generated. While it looks good, the computer generated ASET tends to be lenient.

littlegalaxy

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1458926838|4010961 said:
#2 is promising. But you need the actual IS/ASET. The ASET image is computer generated. While it looks good, the computer generated ASET tends to be lenient.

Thank you for the two stones you posted. I will look into them. They look very nice.

A few questions: are ASET images good enough to tell how good the light reflection is? Is it better to see the IS images as well? This is because some vendors don't have the mechanisms for IS images.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
littlegalaxy|1458927810|4010971 said:

Thank you for the two stones you posted. I will look into them. They look very nice.

A few questions: are ASET images good enough to tell how good the light reflection is? Is it better to see the IS images as well? This is because some vendors don't have the mechanisms for IS images.
One or the other is sufficient in most cases. Having both is for extra assurance, although one can reveal minor details that the other does not show. Both are consistent and reliable, and nearly always confirm each other, as you can see in your original post

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
flyingpig|1458933013|4011010 said:
littlegalaxy|1458927810|4010971 said:

One or the other is sufficient in most cases. Having both is for extra assurance, although one can reveal minor details that the other does not show. Both are consistent and reliable, and nearly always confirm each other, as you can see in your original post

Here is a PS article - if you are interested - on why some prefer as ASET to an Ideal-Scope.

https://www.pricescope.com/journal/what-aset-reveals-ideal-scope-does-not

littlegalaxy

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of this?

Carat Weight: 1.30 carat
Clarity Grade: VVS1
Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 61.7 %
Table: 58 %
Crown Angle: 35.5°
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°