shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on stone, please

RoyalWe

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I've been lurking for some time now, and boy is it fun seeing all the beautiful pieces people share. With all the expertise around here, I was wondering if you all could help a girl (who is admittedly a clueless newbie) out. I have fallen prey to Morganite set in rose gold's charms, and I am on the hunt to make a halo'd cushion cut beauty my own. While it will be an engagement ring, it will *not* be an every day ring. I do understand the caveats of the beryl family, and I also understand my practical restrictions of wearing ANY jewelry when I have two kids under two and am elbow deep in dirty diapers half the time (sorry-- tmi). I just think the combination of rose gold with the morganite is so romantic. The price point is attractive to boot. Basically this is to be a ring that I will find beautiful and wear occasionally now, and then later, when the kids (and our, ahem, bank accounts) are bigger we plan on getting perhaps a diamond, or something else more suited for every day wear.

I have found a jeweler and have a few contenders in the running for the setting. Now where I was wondering if you could give me opinions on the stone. I have gotten pictures of it, and even after reading the colored gem guide on this website, along with some additional research, I now know just enough to know I am still confused. Lol... Anyways, I would like an elongated cushion cut (more rectangle in shape rather than square). I was sent these pictures, but it's so hard to tell from a picture what the stone would look like in person. I love the shape and color of this stone, but am I right that this one has a huge window? Or is it ? Would a setting help?

Thoughts?

TIA!

cush_2.jpg
cush_3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid the stone looks to be shallow and given the light tone, the window will not be less obvious once set.

RoyalWe

Rough_Rock
thank you for your input!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results