shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on my Custom E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

00dmn

Rough_Rock
I need some expert opinions on my Whiteflash custom E-ring I had made for my girlfriend. It is sooo close to perfect...at least for what I was looking for. It''s a Tiffany solitaire replica done in 18kt gold with platinum prongs. The only thing that isn''t exactly what I was hoping for is the area where the shank meets the prongs. The shoulder slopes up a little whereas I was hoping it would be a more rounded look. I received it yesterday and it is beautiful. Am I being too anal? Here are a couple of pics. Let me know what you think!

The specs on the stone are:

1.52ct
E color
SI1
60.7 depth
58.0 table
very good polish
excellent symmetry

navins (2).jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It''s a beautiful ring, and I hope you''ll post pics of it on her hand eventually.

I do see what you mean about the sloping shank. I must make the disclaimer that I have never seen any of the Tiffany replicas in person so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think that Excel/Superbcert and Better Than Diamond (http://www.betterthandiamond.com/diamonds/jewelry/rings/repro.tiff.solitaire.php) make the settings that most closely approximate the real deal.

Do you think that slight difference would bother you? I also have a ring that is very close to the Tiffany, with the bridge and the crown head. There is a slight variation btwn Tiffany''s bridge and the one on mine. However, I''m ok with that b/c the ring really isn''t a Tiffany (may be done due to copyright issues?).

I really like the ring though!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ring is beautiful and really like it the way it is! But, you''re the one that has to be happy. I don''t think you''re being anal at all, you should have what you want. That being said, I wouldn''t touch it...I think it''s perfect!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous but if it bothers you have them fix it. Little things like that would bug me so I would have it redone.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think it is up to you. But personally having seen the true Tiffany rings in person I dont think the shank looks anything like the Tiffany and Co. If that is what you wanted then I would send it back. But really it is what will she be happy with.

00dmn

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! I can''t quite decide. On the one hand, I really wanted it to be rounded off more, but on the other hand, I think that it does add a little bit of flare. I think that the problem with this and any other replica for what I wanted is that they are designed as Tiffany Knife Edge replicas, and I wanted a round shank. If this was done as a Knife Edge, you wouldn''t see the same upward slope, as the ridge of the knife edge would blend in better. I was just holding an authentic Tiffany Knife Edge over the weekend, and this is extremely close. They really did an excellent job. Keep the opinions coming!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

NiceIce... www.niceice.com has the Tiffany Replica in both knife-edge and rounded shank I believe. Good luck in your search :) Before I got my ring I was trying to find the Tiffany Replica setting without the knife edge band and niceice was the only place that had a decent looking one.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2005 1:51:16 PM
Author: 00dmn
. I think that the problem with this and any other replica for what I wanted is that they are designed as Tiffany Knife Edge replicas, and I wanted a round shank. If this was done as a Knife Edge, you wouldn''t see the same upward slope, as the ridge of the knife edge would blend in better.
Actually, my ring doesn''t have the knife edge either (it''s round like yours) but it doesn''t slope upwards. So, my ring is proof that you CAN have a round shank and no slope.

00dmn

Rough_Rock
Here''s the real thing for comparison...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I cant set the pictues but what stuck me about yours vs the orignal is that the shank tapers in as shown in your side profile shot. The ones from Tiffanys do not do this. The shank stays the same width all the way around and the had sits as part of the band and is not raised. (Just looking at the one I am cleaning right now for my mother...though hers is all plat perhaps it is diffrent for the ones with yellow gold but I dont remember it that way.)

00dmn

Rough_Rock
attachment

engagement_tiffany_ring2 (2).jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
personally, I like yours much more than the last pic you attached. But in the end you have to be happy. Sometimes the unexpected will make you happier than what you originally intended, but sometimes not. So you decide!!

00dmn

Rough_Rock
You''re right about the Tiffany not tapering. That was another issue I had with this, but I actually don''t mind it too much in person. It actually seems to make the stone look a little bit bigger since it is thinner at the top.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s a personal preference, but I definitely like yours better. The sloping shoulders are more graceful. Has your girlfriend seen it? Maybe you could propose with it and see what she thinks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like yours better also. Diamondlil''s idea is good. Propose with it and see what she thinks, she may just love it and not want to change it.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I love your setting, and wow, an E color stone!! Good job!!
36.gif

00dmn

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the great comments. They''ve been very helpful/reassuring. No, she has not seen it yet. It''s going to be a surprise. She knows it''s coming at some point, but she does not know what the stone or setting looks like. I think I may stick with it this way and see what she thinks, but keep the thoughts and suggestions coming!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Personally I tihink i would propose with it the way it is. If she wants to modify it is some way she will let you know. It is a simple and classic ring and it is hard to go wrong with that combo. It is going to look lovely on her hand.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
I would propose with it....it is beautiful and I believe she will love it just the way it is!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh... personally I like your version much better
36.gif
. I LOVE the way it slopes, it doesn''t look like a tiffany replica, it looks like it''s own unique design.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too really like the way it is. I have never tried the Tiffany''s on the hand but from the pictures I would keep it as it is. A little more stylish IMO. However, the important thing is to be happy - do what it takes to make you that way!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I have two solitaires - one is in a contour setting where the sides slope up (like the ring WF made you) and the other is the basic tiffany type setting where the shank is round and does not slope up. I personally like the sloped setting better because it visually brings your eye to the center diamond. The plain rounded setting (with no sloping) is not as graceful, as diamondlil said. It looks like the center diamond was just kind of plopped on top.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks SO MUCH BETTER with the tapering that you have than just being rounded off at the top! That''s my favorite part of your setting!!!!!!! I would keep it just as it is...it does give the ring more flair and such an elegant look. I''m all for keeping it the way it is...it''s BETTER in my humble view!!!

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks very elegant. I like it this way better than the rounded look.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring. I far prefer it to the Tiffany''s version.

00dmn

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who commented. All the comments have been very helpful. The more I look at the ring in person, the more I love it. The stone is so white and fiery and I think the setting shows it off beautifully. You can put me down as another very happy Whiteflash customer. I''m definitely going to stick with it!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2005 1:45:02 PM
Author: 00dmn
I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who commented. All the comments have been very helpful. The more I look at the ring in person, the more I love it. The stone is so white and fiery and I think the setting shows it off beautifully. You can put me down as another very happy Whiteflash customer. I''m definitely going to stick with it!
Yay!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results