shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on diamond please

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

I would love to hear your comments on this diamond I am considering for my girlfriend of 8 years..

Carat: 1.4
Color: G
Clarity VS2 (eye clean)
Cut, Symmetry, Polish: Excellent (GIA)
Fluorescence: None
Dimensions: 7.20*7.23*4.38
Gridle: Medium to slightly thick. Faceted 4%
HCA: 0.8
GIA cert no: 2216132779

IS image
283e95e2-0267-42f9-81e0-6709f8a80a37.jpg

This diamond cost about US$ 11-12k. What do you all think about the diamond and do you think the price is fair?

Thank you very much!

Look forward to your comments!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are the angles, table and depth?

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
opps sorry left it out accidentally!

Table: 58%
Depth: 60.7%
Crown angle: 33
Pavilion angle: 41

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, using the crown and pavilion angles, it comes back with a .9 on the HCA with excellents in top three and very good in spread. It falls right on the line of being in the AGS box. I see no discernable light leakage under the table either (could be the tilt of the stone in the image) and I'm thinking this will be a very bright, sparkly stone. It never hurts to get the ASET image if you can though.

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments. I generally do not have aversion to flouro if it does not have a detrimental effect on the appearance of the diamond.

I am a little confused about the part on the proportions. I checked the tables in the pdf you sent and it appears that the diamond falls under the ideal range for AGSL proportions. Am I missing something here?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand that it falls just outside the range of AGS0 but it is close. You don't use crown and pavilion percentages though if you have the angle measurements. You use the 33 crown angle and the 41 pavilion angle which gives you a .9 on the HCA. There are certainly more tightly cut stones to be had but poster doesn't tell us the circumstances surrounding her selection of this stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eheharohan|1458920522|4010899 said:
Thanks for the comments. I generally do not have aversion to flouro if it does not have a detrimental effect on the appearance of the diamond.

I am a little confused about the part on the proportions. I checked the tables in the pdf you sent and it appears that the diamond falls under the ideal range for AGSL proportions. Am I missing something here?

Yes, according to the tables he posted a stone with a 58% table does fall under the AGS ideal square with a 33 crown angle and 41 pavilion angle. It did not do so on the HCA chart but was very close.

Flouro is a personal preference but you cannot compare prices with and without because generally the flouro stone will be priced lower. However, if you like the effect and it saves you some money, it is a win-win situation.

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
JRR Tolkcut, Missgotrocks, thanks for your help here. Immensely informative!

Given that my budget is around 11K, would you say this particular diamond is a probably a good buy?

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
I took your advice and contacted B2c for more information on the diamond you recommended.
Carat: 1.45
Clarity: VS1
Color: G
Table:57%
Depth:62%
Crown Angle:35.5
Pavilion Angle:40.6
HCA: 1.4 within TIC range
Strong Blue Fluoresence

[i 8178163_actual.jpg 8178163_hearts.jpg 8178163_arrows.jpg 8178163_aset.jpg

I don't really know how to evaluate these images. Although they don't look perfect, i'm not sure if there is any noticeable difference in reality.

The price (slightly below 10k) seems much lower compared to others comparable diamonds. I am a little concerned about the strong blue fluro and the potential haziness/ oiliness effect. The attached images here are all I have got and there is no diamond videography.

Would love some feedback on this diamond please!

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
Are you saying that the ASET image is computer generated as well?

Not sure if i am interpreting this wrongly but according to definitions, the weird white area at 1o'clock is a large direct light leakage? And the area seems really huge, which is quite concerning.

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
You are right, I'll ask b2c for actuals. There could be something wrong about it hence the low price relative to comparables. Thx!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results