shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on choosing earrings

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
My husband wants to purchase diamond earrings for my 55 birthday but he wants me involved in choosing which ones. My lifestyle I very casual but I love jewelry. My wedding set is a 2c diamond solitaire and a Schlumberger 16 stone ring with pink sapphires.
The styles that I am currently considering..
2 CTW round diamond studs from WF
Tiffany Victoria in medium or large
Tiffany Victoria Diamond Vine Climber

I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks

tiffany-victoriaearrings-63106380_1016122_ED-63106380_1016122_ED.jpg 5AA809DF-5C0F-45FF-9D4E-3BF4604A4BFC_4_5005_c.jpeg

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
All your choices are beautiful! I am editing my first response to say that I would go for a set of round diamond studs from Whiteflash as a first choice, as that is so versatile and wearable.

I love the Schlumberger 16 stone band and have the YG/platinum combo on my ultimate wishlist! I'd love to see a picture of it stacked with your engagement ring if you care to share :)

Happy birthday and kudos to your sweet husband!

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
All your choices are beautiful! I am editing my first response to say that I would go for a set of round diamond studs from Whiteflash as a first choice, as that is so versatile and wearable.

I love the Schlumberger 16 stone band and have the YG/platinum combo on my ultimate wishlist! I'd love to see a picture of it stacked with your engagement ring if you care to share :)

Happy birthday and kudos to your sweet husband!

Thanks. I will work on getting a picture. I'm definitely not a hand model at 55

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
My husband wants to purchase diamond earrings for my 55 birthday but he wants me involved in choosing which ones. My lifestyle I very casual but I love jewelry. My wedding set is a 2c diamond solitaire and a Schlumberger 16 stone ring with pink sapphires.
The styles that I am currently considering..
2 CTW round diamond studs from WF
Tiffany Victoria in medium or large
Tiffany Victoria Diamond Vine Climber

I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks

tiffany-victoriaearrings-63106380_1016122_ED-63106380_1016122_ED.jpg 5AA809DF-5C0F-45FF-9D4E-3BF4604A4BFC_4_5005_c.jpeg

Have you had the chance to try on the Tiffany earring choices?

I loved the vine climber, but when I put them on, they didn't look as nice on my ear as I had hoped.
The large Victoria are gorgeous, and a great size.

I'm sure the WF studs would be amazing- but at this point in my life (about the same as you!) I don't enjoy wearing studs any longer. I like wearing something that is a bit different.

You have wonderful choices for your next pair of earrings! Enjoy!

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
Have you had the chance to try on the Tiffany earring choices?

I loved the vine climber, but when I put them on, they didn't look as nice on my ear as I had hoped.
The large Victoria are gorgeous, and a great size.

I'm sure the WF studs would be amazing- but at this point in my life (about the same as you!) I don't enjoy wearing studs any longer. I like wearing something that is a bit different.

You have wonderful choices for your next pair of earrings! Enjoy!
Thanks for your input. I have tried on many diamond earrings at Tiffany. I have always like jewelry that is a little different.

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Studs.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have tried on many diamond earrings at Tiffany. I have always like jewelry that is a little different.
Well if you want something a bit different then go for the climbers. It sounds like you would be happy using them for daily wear, unlike a lot of folks who might prefer something less for daily. They are very pretty, and if they are more your style, I say go for them.

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
Studs are definitely the forum favorite. Any suggestions on which setting?

collier

Shiny_Rock
I'll be the odd man out. The Tiffany Victoria in large, no hesitation

that being said
I have worn studs non stop for years...

but it seems to me, you like a little character and may want more

so my vote is the T. V.

I would do studs, but come up with creative jacket ideas so that you can endlessly dress up your studs. I love bling and I love earrings, and I don’t wear my studs everyday, but if I had to condense my collection into ONE thing - it would be the studs. That’s why I pick those.

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
I'm planning a return trip to Tiffany to take pictures of me wearing the large Victoria earrings and diamond studs to see which I prefer. I would appreciate recommendations for additional online retailers for diamond studs.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
For my diamond studs, I’ve gone through Whiteflash and WolfCBI (formerly High Performance Diamond). I’ve been extremely satisfied with both vendors.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing several 2ctw CZ earrings in different settings to see what I like best on my ear. I would like to try a bezel set in yellow gold. Any suggestions on where to purchase?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I am considering purchasing several 2ctw CZ earrings in different settings to see what I like best on my ear. I would like to try a bezel set in yellow gold. Any suggestions on where to purchase?

Check Amazon...there are some sellers (with Prime shipping, so be sure to filter for that) that offer cheap CZ earrings from 3-8mm size for under $15/pr.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

Berricle has yellow gold bezel CZ studs, but only in 6 and 7mm, not 6.5

My top vote is for a pair of diamond studs- classic and if you don't have any already, a cornerstone staple for most.

However- after reading further down and that you do prefer something a little different... I think I'm tied for the Victoria earrings and studs! You really cannot go wrong with either.

The climbers are a no for me - only because not enough sparkle! :D

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
I have been wearing a pair of 1.60 ctw Kohls cz earrings 4 prong basket set, $8.50, for the last couple of days. Initially I didn't love that the stone without some metal around it because I wear a lot of yellow gold and the stones seemed to float. I'm getting used to the look and I'm considering 2nd piercing earring combinations. Also I tried the Tiffany Lynn earrings today and was disappointed . Not enough bling!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Studs are such a classic staple piece of jewelry so it’s my personal first choice and would be my choice if I could only have one pair of earrings. I have upgraded with Whiteflash several times and think they have the best selection and pricing for top quality diamonds. But it sounds like you may like Tiffany more, so large Victoria would certainly be a nice choice. Have you tried them on yet?

Heidi6325

Rough_Rock
Studs are such a classic staple piece of jewelry so it’s my personal first choice and would be my choice if I could only have one pair of earrings. I have upgraded with Whiteflash several times and think they have the best selection and pricing for top quality diamonds. But it sounds like you may like Tiffany more, so large Victoria would certainly be a nice choice. Have you tried them on yet?

I have tried the Victoria earrings in medium and large. I wish I would have taken a picture. I have been looking at diamonds online, but I worry about the craftsmanship of the setting and mounting. I think I'm looking for a 4 prong basket like Tiffany's. Who has the best craftsmanship of the online retailers?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results