shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on a princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beancounter

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and was wondering if I could get some opinions on the following stone:

Princess cut
1.51ct
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Table: 72%
Depth: 74.2%
Girdle: medium to thick
6.46X6.23X4.62
Polish: very good
Symmetry: good

Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions!!

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
I'm not too knowledgeable on princess cuts, but since no one else has answered yet, I'll throw in my 2 cents and bump the thread up to the top. It's really hard to judge the performance of a fancy shaped stone just by the numbers, especially when they are incomplete (to see how the cut scores on the AGA cut grading chart on www.gemappraisers.com you also need the crown height percentage which can be obtained from a sarin report). Saying that, the depth is a little deep, but not too bad, and the table could definitely be a lot smaller. I do think that F VS2 is a nice way to go in a princess. Unfortunately it's hard to comment any more on the cut. Have you seen it in person? If it looks beautiful and sparkles like mad in different lighting to you, than that may be all the cut information you need. It would probably help to get an idealscope picture of the stone. Beyond that, if the stone is one you're serious about, you could have the vendor send it to a trusted independent appraiser in your local area so that you and he/she can evaluate the diamond in person and decide if it's a beautiful stone and a good value. best of luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results