shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on 2 ering settings! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I'm new to PriceScope and so excited to be posting after i've learned so much from all the helpful posts on here. Here's the story. I love all things vintage. Most of the clothes I wear was made before 1970. Fell in love with these two settings. They would hold a round stone. My jeweler has a 1.22 Ct, F, SI1, Polish: Ex, Symm: Ex, and Cut: Ex, No Fluorescence. Asking $5,500. We're going to snag that stone before its too late. Want opinions on settings from a design standpoint.
In advance, i appreciate any opinions you may have! Also, with everything you know, what would you estimate these settings to cost? Just by looking at them? Theyre both 18K.

I present you, Ring A:

SariRing1.jpg

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
Front view of Ring A

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
Front view of Ring A

SariRingz2.jpg

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
Hand view of Ring A

SariRingz3.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
ok..I''m like you..I love the vintage inspired settings. First one is very nice! Can''t wait to see the second

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
Side view Ring B. do you like how it gradually gets higher to reach the stone?

SariRingz4.jpg

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
Front view ring B (the lighting and pic quality is obviously not as good)

SariRingz5.jpg

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
last one of ring B. again, im so excited to finally be posting on this message board. and would love to chat about this setting.

i''m wondering if ring A is just too much. i wear a size 4 ring size!

SariRingz6.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:16:23 PM
Author: MagicNMayhem
last one of ring B. again, im so excited to finally be posting on this message board. and would love to chat about this setting.

i''m wondering if ring A is just too much. i wear a size 4 ring size!

Ring A isn''t too much for some ppl (like me lol) but it all depends on you. I personally like the low setting of Ring B..but I love blingy side detail of Ring A. Sorry I''m not being any help.

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
but you are helping! im thinking the same thing. i''m wondering if my ring will get caught on things with the high ring placement of Setting A. I wonder if, with this style, they can set it a particular way to take care of that.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
OH my. Both are gorgeous settings. I''m sorry but I don''t think I have an opinion, as they are both beautiful.

OK, maybe setting one just a little bit better. But really, you can''t go wrong with either one !

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:22:27 PM
Author: MagicNMayhem
but you are helping! im thinking the same thing. i''m wondering if my ring will get caught on things with the high ring placement of Setting A. I wonder if, with this style, they can set it a particular way to take care of that.

I don''t think the setting is overly high. Some people like very low settings. My e-ring is set fairly high, and I''ve never gotten it caught on anything. Your jeweler can lower it as much as possible, but keep in mind, the depth of the diamond is the factor in how low it can be set.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
OOHH, I really like the second one but both are pretty and you can''t go wrong with either. My ering stands up llike in the first ring photo, but with a wedding band next to it, it looks good. I can''t really say how much you could expect to pay for either. Sorry!

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
i think im leaning towards the first setting. but be honest, would you call it a style that is "trendy" or "2009"? i love it now but i want to love it forever. and i don't own anything at this point that i plan on keeping forever so this is new to me. :) im also a libra so naturally indecisive so that's why i was looking for external input. thanks everyone

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful...let me ask you about ring 1. Is that open work? Like can you see through
the ring? I cant really tell. For me, I would worry about keeping it clean (if it is open).

I have no idea what either would cost. We need to know diamond ctw. and if they were designer rings
or not.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ring A!!!!!!!!! I love how elegant but detailed it is!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are very pretty! I like A better, but it's really what you like!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Ring A, but I like the lower setting of B.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo they''re both really pretty! I like B best.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
They''re both gorgeous! Good luck choosing!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Also, one is 4 prong and one is 6. I don''t know if that can be modified or not, but may have some effect in your outcome?

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I love setting A, but I like how setting B is a little lower. Sorry, I''m not much help coz I love both, but I think you can''t go wrong with either!

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
It definitely looks open in the photo but the sides are closed with either gold, filigree, or tiny pave diamonds. The only open part is the part you can visibly see right on each side of the center stone. I found it at a Jewelry Center near my town, a building with like 40 vendors with booths, so competition is tough. They're asking $600. I think its .4 or .5 carats total. I need to double check that. I thought it looked much more expensive with all that detailed work.

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
I've heard good and bad things about both types of prongs...while 4 can make a round stone look squarer, it makes it more visible and more light to pass through the stone. And as for 6, some people think it's more secure , and makes the ring look perfectly round. But then I also read that the 4 prongs are sometimes stronger than the 6 to make up for it.

what's your personal opinion?

MagicNMayhem

Rough_Rock
I knew it was a good idea to post here. Ring A, while I love the style, is too high for me. I work with kids as a speech therapist, constantly putting latex gloves on and off (not that i''ll always wear my ring to work, but still) . I need to ask if it can be modified to have the head sit lower. I''m thinking that it can''t without losing that larger diamond that sits underneath the center stone.

Back to the drawing board.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I really like them both but if I have to pick I would say #2. Good luck
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
I prefer ring A...looks more elegant to me. Good luck!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:44:53 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Ring A!!!!!!!!! I love how elegant but detailed it is!
I totally agree with dragonfly411. :) The details are so fine too!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I like B slightly better, but I''m a four prong fan and I don''t like high settings, so I may be biased.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they''re both lovely, but I''m drawn to B. I think it''s more delicate on your hand. The first one is almost too big and bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results