shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GarGan

Rough_Rock
Hey Guys! Looking for some advice on a good or bad buy.. I found a 1.01 Princess cut diamond, color = F, calrity = VS2.. the table size on the diamond is 70% and the dept is 77.3%.. the gridle is thick to very thick with no culet.. the Polish & Symmety is good with no fluorescence, and also comes with a GIA Cert.. price is $4,200 what do you guys think good or bad buy??

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
This princess is very deep, and with a thick to very thick girdle it will look significantly smaller than 1.01 ct. You're paying for weight you won't see. Keep looking. I think you can do much better for around the same price.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does not take looking far and wide to detect a nice premium for a really average cut! To see what I mean, it is easiest to check the section of 'Fancy cuts' on the first page here (those are not just Price Scope's, but widely accepted industry stnadards, no premium implied) and run a search for the color and clarity on the same page. Really, a 0.9 stone with a less deep cut (this is really deep) will be just as big too! Stones just over one carat are usually cut for weight retention and, as a rezult, carry both a so-so cut and the price premium associated with the 1 ct 'step'. The stone you describe is no excetion. You should be able to find a better piece for a better price easily enough.

PS: Is your name Romanian? I am...

GarGan

Rough_Rock
hey valeria101 thanks for your response, and yes my last name is Romanian.. so far two people think i should keep shopping around.. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results