shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion - value difference

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buwesit

Rough_Rock
Here are the 2 stones for comparison:

Stone 1:
Size: 1.26
Depth: 60.3
Table: 55
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Flourescence: Slight Blue
Polish & Symmetry: Excellent
AGS certificate

Stone 2:
Size: 1.23
Measure: 6.97 - 7.02 x 4.14mm
Depth: 59.2
Table: 59
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Flourescence: None
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Polish & Symmetry: Very Good

Both stones were analyzed on a sarin machine.
Stone 1 is a 0 cut with white light High/Very H, Color light Very High, Scint Very High
Stone 2 is a 1 cut with white light Medium, Color light High, Scint Med/high.

Not being an expert, I can''t see much difference in the stones, other than stone 1 has fire all over, stone 2 is still good, but seems to be a little darker in the center (not as much fire there probably due to the larger table %). The hearts and arrows are well defined in stone 1, and a little washed out (still defined though) with lighter reds in stone 2.

Now the big question - price for stone 1... $8400, stone 2... $6000.

Which would you choose? Any help/opinions are appreciated.

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
I would go with stone #1. I would always opt for cut. If stone #1 is out of your price range, I would size/colour down until I found a stone that scored well on the bscope (high-very high for all 3) and looked great to my eyes. Personally, I'd never buy a stone that doesn't sparkle with the best of them.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wonder if stone 1 has an AGS-report. The data seem more like GIA to me. From which lab is the second report?

Number 2 is definitely not as nicely cut.

However, the price difference seems outrageous to me. When comparing, I think that you can find similar stones to both at much lower prices.

Also, if you wish to shop in the SI-range, the size, colour, location and visibility of the inclusion is extremely important. Be sure to check it out thoroughly.

Take care,

Paul

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Also, the AGSL doesn't use slight blue.

Buwesit

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I just remember some florescence as blue for stone 1 (light blue, possibly medium). Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of that cert in front of me... but I did see it.

Stone 2 is a GIA cert.

I do have the cert #'s for both, but I don't know of a place to look them up online.

Thanks again for the help.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You can tell us the #'s, so we can tell you how old/recent is the report and who issued it.
1.gif

Buwesit

Rough_Rock
Stone 1 - AGS #3194508
Stone 2 - GIA #12075863 (June 13, 2002)

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Both stones are fairly recent. Actually date is not a big issue as long as the diamond is not damaged, chipped or scratched.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results