shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion on which Princess to choose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pr1204

Rough_Rock
Hi all -

I am between two princess cut diamonds and need your opinion to decide which one I should choose.

Diamond 1: $11,000
Measurements: 6.37 x 6.34 x 4.54 mm
Carat Weight: 1.53 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1

Depth: 71.6%
Table: 71%
Girdle: Medium to Thick
Culet: None

Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Pinpoints are not shown.

Diamond #2: $12,000
Measurements: 6.57 x 6.54 x 4.86 mm
Carat Weight: 1.70 carat
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VVS2

Depth: 74.3%
Table: 68%
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Culet: None

Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

I am most concerned about getting good value along with good performance (fire, scintillation). Are one or both of these stones fitting that description? I know they are close to the ''ideal'' proportions for princess cuts, but I am wondering if the price isn''t right or if I can better value for my money online, etc. Are there other things I should be considering?

I am very thankful for your help - any advice would be great!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you seen these in person? do you have any ASET or IS images? fancy cuts are hard to tell without images

Here is one that is inbetween prices
3.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2174180.htm#

or this...
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6507/

again, its hard to say without images

pr1204

Rough_Rock
Great clarifying question. I''ve seen both in person and both look very comparable. The SI1 is eye-clean and has negligible inclusions (no blacks) so I''m pretty comfortable with either. I''m really interested in your opinion on cut, performance, and value.

Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 1:11:08 AM
Author: pr1204
Great clarifying question. I've seen both in person and both look very comparable. The SI1 is eye-clean and has negligible inclusions (no blacks) so I'm pretty comfortable with either. I'm really interested in your opinion on cut, performance, and value.

Thanks.
What you could do is order an ASET scope and that would give you a much better idea. They are easy to use and the results straightforward to interpret with a little reading.

They show potential from the info given but thats all we can say really.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results