shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinion Antique

ehr

Rough_Rock
Hi all, Im new here, and I need your Opinion or maybe Help.
My Englisch is bad, so Im apologize.

My Friend inherited this interesting Thing.
Maybe you can orient us with the Price.
TNX

H.G.
Walter.

img_15547.jpg

img_15548.jpg

img_15549.jpg

img_15550.jpg

ehr

Rough_Rock
Foto

img_15551.jpg

img_15552.jpg

img_15553.jpg

img_15554.jpg

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Hi! :wavey: I collect antique brooches myself, so I think your friend is very lucky to have inherited something so interesting!

It looks like you have an antique brooch on your hands, with millgrain details, and 27 Old Cut stones. It looks late art deco. BUT, you'd have to take it to a jeweller to know about the materials for sure. It might be silver or white gold. The stones might be diamonds, or paste.

My advice would be to have it looked at by a professional, who might suggest to clean it and repair any damage. They'll be able to tell you more about the brooch.

Is that a number 50 stamped on it?

Let us know what happens!!!

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Walter, is your friend interseted in selling this brooch?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, the 56 and head indicate that it's Russian made. That brooch could be very valuable indeed. Apart from the fact that it has numerous good quality and desirable old European cut diamonds, a proper investigation of the hallmarks could indicate a Faberge workmaster. In that event you are talking big money ie $50,000 maybe or more. Please get the brooch properly assessed and don't go selling it to anyone for a small amount to have them go away and make the big $$$$ because you didn't know any better.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one list of Russian maker's marks. I'm sure it's very limited, but perhaps it will help you.

http://www.langantiques.com/univers...Castellani+Jewelry+Mark.jpg#mw-category-media

This list might help you figure out when your piece was made. There's also a link to Russian maker's marks. Although this particular site specializes in silver jewelry, I'm sure their list includes jewelers who worked with other precious metals.

http://www.925-1000.com/Frussia.html

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Bron357|1489386010|4139609 said:
Hi, the 56 and head indicate that it's Russian made. That brooch could be very valuable indeed. Apart from the fact that it has numerous good quality and desirable old European cut diamonds, a proper investigation of the hallmarks could indicate a Faberge workmaster. In that event you are talking big money ie $50,000 maybe or more. Please get the brooch properly assessed and don't go selling it to anyone for a small amount to have them go away and make the big $$$$ because you didn't know any better.

The fact that it's Russian-made doesn't automatically make it a Faberge piece. There are many examples of the kinds of stamps that the firm used, so it would be fairly easy to know whether it is or isn't.

Also, I've talked to the Adin experts regarding the value of this type of brooches, as I have a few myself, and I just want to say there's not yet a basis to say it would be worth that much. The materials on their own wouldn't be worth that much, and I can't stress enough the importance of checking the hallmarks before making any assumptions.

I just don't think it's unfair to throw out an amount like that with no basis. Even the replacement value in appraisals is overinflated and it's always a bummer when owners expect to make bank, but they can't sell their pieces for anywhere near that kind of money.

The brooch is definitely beautiful and all the more interesting for having a personal story behind it. That makes it valuable enough ::)

I'd buy it.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My point was that a Russian piece deserves further investigation. It is unlikely to be Faberge of course but I would think that there are a good number of carats worth of diamonds there and nice OC diamonds are desirable and have decent value. I'd hate for the owner to go into the nearest pawn shop and accept $300 for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results