shape
carat
color
clarity

Need new engagement band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjjul

Rough_Rock
My fiance said I can change my engagement band. He bought this one only as a temporary one so I could pick out the one I want. I''ve searched all over the internet and in jewelry stores for engagement band ideas but I keep finding the same sort of styles. Can anyone help me find an engagement band that will look good with my diamond? The diamond is Princess cut, 2.42 tcw, vs 2, and color G. Please help, I''m exhausted with looking.
14.gif

no 044.JPG

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
A few questions for you:

1) What category are you leaning towards? Do you want a solitaire? A pave setting? 3 stone? etc.?
2) What metal do you want?
3) And, what "style" do you want? classic? vintage? contemporary? etc.

If you could narrow those down a bit, it would help greatly! I know it can be hard to do, but, it will make your search (and our help) a lot easier!
2.gif

EDIT: I was so busy thinking of setting questions, I forgot to mention that your stone is GORGEOUS!!!!! Wow, blown away!

jjjul

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you! I like the pave alot, it just seems every website I look at has the same designs. I guess I am in need of a breath of fresh air and was hoping there are some unique ring websites out there that are hiding from me. You know of any?
37.gif

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
There''s always Leon Mege, Van Craeynest, and James Meyer. Are you wanting a custom piece?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 10:23:25 PM
Author: soycoffee
A few questions for you:

1) What category are you leaning towards? Do you want a solitaire? A pave setting? 3 stone? etc.?
2) What metal do you want?
3) And, what ''style'' do you want? classic? vintage? contemporary? etc.

If you could narrow those down a bit, it would help greatly! I know it can be hard to do, but, it will make your search (and our help) a lot easier!
2.gif

EDIT: I was so busy thinking of setting questions, I forgot to mention that your stone is GORGEOUS!!!!! Wow, blown away!

Definitly need more feedback about what you like...I think it would be a gorgeous 3 stone ring. Although this
is not new, it is a very timeless look.
http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2871

If you want lots of bling...
http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3575

jjjul

Rough_Rock
Thank you Soy, I LOVED Leon Merge''s website and I got a few ideas for there. We are getting it custom made by a jeweler in Cali, I just wanted to bring him ideas on what I like to make it perfect.
21.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
21.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/21.gif" width="15 border=0">

Sorry for the lack of description on what I like Ty. I''m so new at this, I joined PS yesterday to get some new ideas. Def love the 3 stone with the trillion side pieces, but I was hoping to do something like that for an anniversary present down the road. But it IS BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much!
25.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your stone would be GORGEOUS in that Knox setting!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you might want to see these pics...they are similar to the knox setting but with a square diamond (its an asscher not a princess) but will give
you an idea of how a square stone will look in a setting of that type. I think it is quite lovely. It is the ring in the middle...

original.aspx

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Up close shot...BTW if I didnt mention it these are courtesy of LaurenthePartier...she has very good taste!

original.aspx

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a split shank would look great! What are you doing for a wedding band?

jjjul

Rough_Rock
Oolala Laurenthepartier has beautiful pics of rings. Love it!

One of the first things I did after I got engaged was get a wedding band. Haha I was just so excited to get more jewelry. But now I regret getting it so fast bc I''m getting other ideas
33.gif
But here is what it looks like...

http://www.zales.com/largeImage/index.jsp?PID=3298915

Except we got it from fredmyers and it was double the price.
38.gif
BUT we still have a couple months to return it if I find another one I like...so I''m definately considering that. And searching searching searching lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the split band ring will be lovely.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The split engagement ring and the wedding band might fit together with a fairly large gap. If you are already unsure and still have some time to return I''d make sure you''ll be happy with the way they look together. I do like your band though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results