shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Moisturizer Recommendations

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gahhh I live in a climate with very harsh, cold, dry winters. I usually use the Clinique line - Moisture Surge for summer, Moisture On-Call for winter - but usually I'm not here for that long. Unfortunately, those aren't cutting it, and I need a good winter moisturizer rec!

It has to be oil-free, and I have combo skin (oily T-zone). Help?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I've had a horrible time as well with my skin being dry. I'm in FL but this winter esp, cracked thumbs ... the works. I'll be interested to see what kind of recs you get!

I have St. Ives soothing Aloe & Chamomile at my desk now and like it enough.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have combo skin too and have never found anything that works (and feels) as good as oil of olay.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I use Paula's Choice and love it! I believe someone on PS actually recommended it in a thread at some point, so glad they did! You can order sample sizes of the products to test out, and they are always offering discounts and deals on shipping.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEG - specifically for the face? I really like the Lancome night cream for around the eyes - it's unbelievably thick and moisturizing - it feels SOOOO good. other than that, i also use oil of olay night cream for the rest of my face at night, like tacori said. it's awesome!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I swear by Hope in a Jar, by Philosophy. I used to use the regular Hope, but as I got older I switched to the one for dry, sensitive skin. It works better for me than anything else I've tried. For something from a drugstore, you might try CeraVe. That also works really well.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
cetaphil moisturizing cream... not the lotion. It's counter-intuitive, but the lotion seems really greasy to me. The cream soaks in nicely. It's the only product I've found to keep my nose from getting flakey and chapped in the winter.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
CeraVe. It's light and non-greasy and has been doing really well so far keeping my skin soft without clogging my pores.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you fancy a splurge, I really love la Prairie. The moisturiser cream, rather than the skin caviar, which I do find a little oily sometimes. I also like creme de la mer, for a really serious blast of moisture when my skin is wind burned and dry from cold.

They are pricey, but really nice and great if you want to feel pampered.

ETA I also like E45 cream if my skin is sore because it's got really dry.

ErinnM34

Rough_Rock
I swear by Kiehl's in the winter!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I have VERY dry skin, especially in the winter. I've never had luck with any drug store moisturizer. To me, they've all felt greasy and not worked very well. I use MAC moisturizers - moisturelush cream has worked well for me in the past. I'm currently using studio moisture cream, which I also really like.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Isomers One 300 Liquid Crystal.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential|1291839270|2791259 said:
cetaphil moisturizing cream... not the lotion. It's counter-intuitive, but the lotion seems really greasy to me. The cream soaks in nicely. It's the only product I've found to keep my nose from getting flakey and chapped in the winter.

Ditto cetaphil moisturing cream! I put extra on my cheeks when its really cold and it helps. I actually use this stuff year round I love it so much and just use more/less as the weather changes. I like the lotion for arms/legs.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
appletini|1291905881|2792034 said:

Ditto cetaphil moisturing cream! I put extra on my cheeks when its really cold and it helps. I actually use this stuff year round I love it so much and just use more/less as the weather changes. I like the lotion for arms/legs.

Thritto on Cetaphil! It's the only lotion that every derm. that I've been too has recommended. I get eczema easily and Cetaphil works wonders on my dry skin. I use the cram for my face and body after showering and the lotion for my hands after I wash them. I use the Cetaphil facial cleanser as well.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll have to go hunt up some Cetaphil and see if that does the trick!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Cetaphil is a huge seller, a very successful brand. So are Lubriderm and Eucerin. You might want to go to the drugstore and try one of each, they're not too expensive. They all have millions of loyal users, so they must work.

I personally like pure Shea Butter from L'occitane.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your home could be very dry, depending upon what type of heat you have. I always suggest running a humidifier at night. For me, it makes all the difference!!!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Yon Ka Creme 28.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1291841075|2791301 said:
CeraVe. It's light and non-greasy and has been doing really well so far keeping my skin soft without clogging my pores.

My DD's pedi just suggested this and I love it! It is doesn't leave my skin greasy at all. It is the lightest lotion I have ever used.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
I don't recommend clinque - their products actually strip natural oils and is harsh on your skin.

I heard Kinerese is good - so I ordered the cream.
I have dry skin and oily T zone. My order should arrive in a few weeks - so I will let you know how it goes. :)
http://www.kinerase.com/

I bought the products here:
http://www.dermstore.com/

Also got myself a clearsonic for cleaning the skin.

Another range I have tried and liked when my skin was super dry is: Avene products.
I love their calming cream when my skin gets irritated and love their lip balm.

http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Avene_500107.htm

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
diva rose|1292199859|2795184 said:
I don't recommend clinque - their products actually strip natural oils and is harsh on your skin.

I heard Kinerese is good - so I ordered the cream.
I have dry skin and oily T zone. My order should arrive in a few weeks - so I will let you know how it goes. :)

I bought the products here:
http://www.dermstore.com/

Also got myself a clearsonic for cleaning the skin.

Another range I have tried and liked when my skin was super dry is: Avene products.
I love their calming cream when my skin gets irritated and love their lip balm.

http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Avene_500107.htm

How did you like Kinerese?

I do run a humidifier at night, otherwise I wake up with the worst sore throat in the world.

Usually my skin takes a beating in the winter here, but I'm also thinking all the wind burn/chap from skiing in cold, cold weather can't help (and my balaclava makes me break out - ugh). What a mess.

I am going to be in a REAL city this weekend and hitting up Sephora! Hoping to find something that works there. I have a sample of Hope in a Jar for normal/oily skin, and so far it's working much better than my Clinique stuff (but could still be better). I need to go ransack the aisles for the perfect moisturizer.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
For my body, I find The Body Shop body butter to do wonders. For my face, I like Kiehl's cheap Panthenol Protein Moisturizing face cream. Be sure to exfoliate regularly as the dead skin cells interfere with the effectiveness of any good moisturizer.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1292126830|2794630 said:
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll have to go hunt up some Cetaphil and see if that does the trick!

BEG - I've used Cetaphil cleaner for over 20 years and LOVE it, but about a year ago decided to try the lotion and found that it just doesn't absorb into my skin like my lotions do. My skin isn't sensitive to anything EXCEPT spf, so the one cream I found which doesn't have it Peter Thomas Roth http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P3588&categoryId=B70

Do you have a Sephora by you? You can get TONS of samples from them if you're shopping for a new lotion. When I went into there, I asked the gal for a weeks worth of a few different brands and the gal gave me tons of packets and also filled little jars with products and I had about a month of playing around time to figure out what I liked :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
diva rose|1292199859|2795184 said:
I don't recommend clinque - their products actually strip natural oils and is harsh on your skin.I heard Kinerese is good - so I ordered the cream.

Diva Rose - what do you use for eye cream(s)?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B.E.G: Since I've been in Canada my skin had been acting up terribly. I was using proactive and it didn't help. Finally I realized it was because my skin was TO dry that I was breaking out. The stuff I use is pretty expensive but it's really made a huge difference in my skin. Here is a link to it
http://www.carylbakervisage.com/cbvhtml/fr.catalog1.html

If you scroll down its the EMERGINC HYPERVITALIZER CREAM. I love it and you don't need very much of it at all, which is good because it's 85.00 a bottle but it really works!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So the moisturizer I suggested wasn't doing much good in the winter here, so I bought the Cetaphil moisturizing cream somebody on here suggested, and I'm loving it! My skin is so soft and not flaky at all anymore. Thank you, PS!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Impruv. Love it.

cheers--Sharon

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I used to live near Timmins Ontario (really cold and dry) and would get cracked hands and weird dry patches on my face. The only thing that helped was Webber's Pure Vitamin E from the first aid section of the drugstore. Its not for all over, and its greasy, but its great for chapped skin, so I use it for spot treatment.

The other ladies have made some great recommendations and I think I'm going to try a few and see if I can find a new facial moisturizer.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Feb03Bride|1291906209|2792038 said:
appletini|1291905881|2792034 said:

Thritto on Cetaphil! It's the only lotion that every derm. that I've been too has recommended. I get eczema easily and Cetaphil works wonders on my dry skin. I use the cram for my face and body after showering and the lotion for my hands after I wash them. I use the Cetaphil facial cleanser as well.

I just wanted to throw my vote in for Cetaphil. It really is the best line out there for face and body.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
For something lighter I love CeraVe (already recommended by someone else) or Vanicream. You can get them from most pharmacies or order online.

For a heavy cream (that is seriously MIRACULOUS), try Eucerin Original Moisturizing Creme in the tub. It's super thick and almost difficult to apply, but it replenishes dry skin like nothing I've ever seen. DH's skin is so dry it cracks and bleeds and this is the only stuff that helps him.

Though it's a bit thick to apply to the face, it does not clog pores... so technically it shouldn't contribute to breakouts and is face-safe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results