shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Moisturizer Recommendations

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the late reply ladies.

BEG - It's been a few weeks now on Kinerese. The cream with the clarisonic - my skin looks much better complexion wise. My skin is also soft but I think it could be the clarisonic also.
On the nose - it's fantastic. My DH also likes it on his skin - he has sensitive oily and dry skin.
However I find I need more moisture on my cheeks and forehead. They feel a bit tight after use. There is no flaking or looking dry though - it's just a tight feeling which I don't like. So I've been adding another moisterizer on top of the Kinerese - about 10 minutes after - on my cheeks and forhead. I just used ones that was around the house. But I'm going to get QV cream which is like Cetaphil.
This way I figure I'm getting antiaging (Kinerese) and mositure (QV cream).

MC - I don't use eye cream. I am yet to find one that is good.

Warning about clarisonic - My skin was breaking out with tiny bumps the first two weeks of use. But now it looks great.
Just to let you know in case you want to try it.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
It has officially been over a month now since I started using the new products - so I thought I should update.

First - Kinerese. I stopped using it a few days ago.
Although my complexion looked good - pores on nose tightened and smooth complexion/even - I had to stop.
I heard feedback from some ladies that it is not good for women who are planning on having children.
I did the research and it's all mixed so I thought it was best I stop for now.
My DH uses it when he remembers and he likes it.
If you are looking for something to make your complexion look pretty - I recommend this with the clarisonic.

I love the clarisonic. LOVE it :love:
It really does make your skin smooth to touch and looks great.
I'm not one of those masque and scrub once a week person - too lazy.
So clarisonic is ideal for me. I use the little Mia which is great for travelling etc.
http://www.clarisonic.com/

I tried the cetaphil/qv cream. Did not like it one bit. It was too thick and sticky for me.
It did moisturize my face but I didn't like the texture and it didn't sink into my skin well.
Even for my body - it's way too heavy for my liking and I don't like feeling sticky.

I found another moisturizer for my face which I love. I thought I'd test this line because I love body cream.
It's by L'occitane - amande pomme velvet concerntrate. I use it day and night now.
It makes my skin feel moist and smooth. What I love is that it doesn't make my face feel sticky or thick.
Highly recommended. http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Almond-Apple-Velvet-Concentrate,p29CV050A0.html

I just bought the eye cream to match it also - so I'll give it a few weeks and update what it's like. :)
http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/almond-apple-velvet-face-fluid.htm

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom|1294806736|2820416 said:
For something lighter I love CeraVe (already recommended by someone else) or Vanicream. You can get them from most pharmacies or order online.

For a heavy cream (that is seriously MIRACULOUS), try Eucerin Original Moisturizing Creme in the tub. It's super thick and almost difficult to apply, but it replenishes dry skin like nothing I've ever seen. DH's skin is so dry it cracks and bleeds and this is the only stuff that helps him.

Though it's a bit thick to apply to the face, it does not clog pores... so technically it shouldn't contribute to breakouts and is face-safe.
Eucerin is amazing! Their creme in the tub is so thick, but as Pils said, it doesn't clog pores.

I use Eucerin Everyday Protection face lotion, as well, and I loe it. It's SPF 30, and it goes on really smooth, and isn't greasy at all. I have serious combo skin--really dry around my nose and mouth, really oily on my forehead, and Eucerin does the trick.

If the Eucerin ever stops working for me, I'm going to try Cetaphil--so many strong recommendations here!

One more thing--my husband has a skin condition that leaves his hands extremely dry, to the point that they bleed during the winter and his fingertips feel like solid rocks. Anyway, he's been through so many different dermatologist prescription lotions and recommendations, but the only thing that works for him is The Body Shop's Vitamin E Body Butter. We buy tiny containers and transfer it into them and keep them everywhere--in the cars, coat pockets, my purses--because he can't leave home without it. He really loves it, but he has severely dry skin. It's a bit thick for me, but it definitely soothes my chapped hands during the winter.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1296323680|2836559 said:
One more thing--my husband has a skin condition that leaves his hands extremely dry, to the point that they bleed during the winter and his fingertips feel like solid rocks. Anyway, he's been through so many different dermatologist prescription lotions and recommendations, but the only thing that works for him is The Body Shop's Vitamin E Body Butter. We buy tiny containers and transfer it into them and keep them everywhere--in the cars, coat pockets, my purses--because he can't leave home without it. He really loves it, but he has severely dry skin. It's a bit thick for me, but it definitely soothes my chapped hands during the winter.

My son and I both have this problem...mostly our hands get so cracked they bleed and THE BEST solution we've found is applying the cream (like your DH can use the Body Shop one that he's now using) and then putting surgical gloves on (found in the first aid section of grocery stores) and wearing those to bed overnight. They're not comfy, but last time my son had his hands crack, we treated them for one week (putting Prada lip balm - lol - on his hands/knuckles with the gloves) and they healed. We use latex *non* powdered.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a great solution, MC. I coerce my husband to do that a couple times each winter, but my gloves are these purple and pink fabric gloves made for women, so I think they're a part of the problem. :cheeky: I'll have to get a pair of surgical gloves, maybe if I take away the emasculating element he'll agree to it more often!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1296327608|2836596 said:
That's a great solution, MC. I coerce my husband to do that a couple times each winter, but my gloves are these purple and pink fabric gloves made for women, so I think they're a part of the problem. :cheeky: I'll have to get a pair of surgical gloves, maybe if I take away the emasculating element he'll agree to it more often!

We use the disposable ones. They come in a box of 50 for about $5. They're also SUPER nice for when you're cooking and don't want to get yucky hands. Like if I'm fixing a whole chicken, I wear them so I don't have to scrub my hands. Or cleaning. They're super addicting and once you start using them. lol

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if my recommendations below are oil-free, but they work great on me, so I would like to let you know. :D

For face, I use Lancome's Nutrix Royal Intense Lipid Repair Cream all year around. It is for Dry to Very Dry Skin. It is wonderful. Nothing else I tried worked on my face.

For body, I use Crabtree & Evelyn's Rosewater Hand & Body Lotion. It seems to be on sale all the time. You could get 4 big bottles for about $40 in their stores. I have eczema, and my body was itchy and flaky all year around. This particular lotion alleviated the symptoms by a lot. Even though it doesn't cure the problem, I think it is still better than taking pills every day.

For hands, I use Crabtree & Evelyn's Summer Hill Hand Therapy. It is very effective in the winter, and smells great!

Hope it helps!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PilsnPinkysMom|1294806736|2820416 said:
For something lighter I love CeraVe (already recommended by someone else) or Vanicream. You can get them from most pharmacies or order online.

For a heavy cream (that is seriously MIRACULOUS), try Eucerin Original Moisturizing Creme in the tub. It's super thick and almost difficult to apply, but it replenishes dry skin like nothing I've ever seen. DH's skin is so dry it cracks and bleeds and this is the only stuff that helps him.

Though it's a bit thick to apply to the face, it does not clog pores... so technically it shouldn't contribute to breakouts and is face-safe.

Huge ditto to all of the above recommendations. My skin is so dry (especially my face) and in the summer I can use CeraVe and Eucerin lotion but in the winter I have to use the original Eucerin moisturizing cream on my face. Nothing else will relieve the dryness for me like Eucerin does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results